Page 1 of 194 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Default Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

This is a timeless thread for any sort of back and forth that doesn't fit into that gargantuan anticipation-of-the-next-Season thread.

Non Seasonistas are welcome here and may comment as desired. Seasonistas have a connection with each other because they post vids in the Seasons challenges and get to know one another through comments, but anyone's invited to join in.
    Maybe a Seasons lurker chatting here will be encouraged to enter a Season. That would be great news.

Pull up a chair...what kind of uke do you have?
    ~Ginny

Leave every place better than you found it.

Quote Originally Posted by GinnyT11 View Post
    This is a timeless thread for any sort of back and forth that doesn't fit into that gargantuan anticipation-of-the-next-Season thread.

Non Seasonistas are welcome here and may comment as desired. Seasonistas have a connection with each other because they post vids in the Seasons challenges and get to know one another through comments, but anyone's invited to join in.
    Maybe a Seasons lurker chatting here will be encouraged to enter a Season. That would be great news.

Pull up a chair...what kind of uke do you have?
    Yakity yak! :-)

That's not yakking, that's joshing!

Quote Originally Posted by Debby View Post
    Yakity yak! :-)
    Don't Talk Back......(In a bass rumble)

Are we takin out the trash or just talkin it?

Quote Originally Posted by mountain goat View Post
    Someone ask for me?
    Attachment 84689
    ...and I think we now have a friendly nickname for you now!

Quote Originally Posted by CeeJay View Post
    Don't Talk Back......(In a bass rumble)
    I can soooo see you doing this song with your one man band!

I own a pair of Lanikai ukuleles: a mahogany soprano and a koa (?) concert. I've been playing the soprano a bit more lately, both because it's a new acquisition and because I'm learning some harder chords (the B family and the E chord). Working with a smaller ukulele has helped me to get better at the hard chords. Oh, and both ukuleles have names: the soprano is Winifred and the concert is Brindle.

Quote Originally Posted by Demimondaine View Post
    I own a pair of Lanikai ukuleles: a mahogany soprano and a koa (?) concert. I've been playing the soprano a bit more lately, both because it's a new acquisition and because I'm learning some harder chords (the B family and the E chord). Working with a smaller ukulele has helped me to get better at the hard chords. Oh, and both ukuleles have names: the soprano is Winifred and the concert is Brindle.
    I have a Mainland Concert Mahogany. It doesn't really have a name but I refer to it as my hog. I also have a pink Makala Shark. My daughter has a tie dye Makala Ukadelic and my husband has a vintage soprano National Triolian resonator.

A frustration I have is that I can't memorize uke music. I need song sheets to play for anything. I keep batches of them on music stands both upstairs and downstairs, so I can sit and start playing at any time. I add new ones whenever I find a song I want to learn to play.

This limitation keeps me from taking a uke somewhere for jamming or sitting at a park or passing time in a hotel room. I'm tied to those song sheets. How can I be a more casual player?

Thread Information