Page 168 of 194 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1939

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

booli! i love doing useful things without even realising!!!!!

and also, what a wonderful labour of ukulele and seasons love from booli. feeling the love here today!

Here is Junior Brown, Hillbilly Hula Gal
    Kala SMHC

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    booli! i love doing useful things without even realising!!!!!
    Truly, I think you have magical powers. Somehow, your influence directed me.

We are (all) connected via invisible threads.

Like Sting said in 'Synchronicity I' which is basd upon a book by Carl Jung (who was a student of Sigmund Freud);

With one breath, with one flow
    You will know
    Synchronicity

A sleep trance, a dream dance,
    A shared romance,
    Synchronicity

A connecting principle,
    Linked to the invisible
    Almost imperceptible
    Something inexpressible.
    Science insusceptible
    Logic so inflexible
    Causally connectible
    Yet nothing is invincible.

If we share this nightmare
    Then we can dream
    Spiritus mundi.

If you act, as you think,
    The missing link,
    Synchronicity.

We know you, they know me
    Extrasensory
    Synchronicity.

A star fall, a phone call,
    It joins all,
    Synchronicity.

It's so deep, it's so wide
    Your inside
    Synchronicity.

Effect without a cause
    Sub-atomic laws, scientific pause
    Synchronicity

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    and also, what a wonderful labour of ukulele and seasons love from booli. feeling the love here today!
    It's moments like this that I am happy to use my skills and knowledge to save the day...for there are always temptations to be evil and greedy but we have enough black-hat hackers already...

To me, spreading around peace and happiness is more important than anything else.

In the future folks might gak and roll their eyes at all of this kumbaya and all that, but seriously - one day I will become dust, and what will be my epitaph? my legacy?

If feel that it is my vocation, my calling, to insert as much good into this world as possible, for evil and darkness are always there, and if I can help to balance the scales, even just a little, then I am glad to do it.

Does not matter where you are in the world, the language you speak, the faith you practice, the color of your skin, or who you love, we are ALL Ohana and we are ALL in this together. We have joy or sorrow as a group. Everything an individual does has a ripple effect felt by all. We should take care of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    I think you've got more than me.

Was just curious if youtube-dl could do it on its own.
    I used to use wget, if I couldn't use a regular downloader from FF.
    No, I don't program, only ever wrote 'one liners' - just use shell scripting, when needed.
    (Debian based Linux & the occasional BSD since 1999.)
    If you ever want to discuss Linux & BSD things just PM me any time.

You can use youtube-dl all by itself, but I was getting errors about the download being truncated, and wget is a robust program, and thankfully youtube-dl allows you to direct the handling of the actual download to an external program (terminal app), and wget and curl are low-hanging fruit, but you could also use ftp, rsync or anything else, and once the external program has grabbed the file, it is handed back to youtube-dl.

I also have a few different add-ons for FF, but nothing that can sequentially and automatically grab 100+ videos. Theoretically it might be possible to use both Selenium's browser plugin AND some Python wrapped around the selenium module, but youtube-dl does it without the browser dependency.

Shell scripting is great and faster in execution than just about any GUI app, and useful for so many things.

My Linux days goes back to trying to get Yggdrasil Linux working properly back in the Windows NT 3.51 days (circa 1993?)...Yggdrasil was a NIGHTMARE, there was no Red Hat, Debian or Ubuntu yet, but I got it working finally, and I cannot tell you how many nights I fell asleep at the keyboard...usenet newsgroups and CompuServ forums were the only source of info back then, over a 14.4 dialup connection....

ATDT&X1&K1&E1&V1 was my modem init string that got me the best connection...I can't believe that I still remember that...Procomm Plus or Qmodem were programs that I used....

I've always been a fan of Debian and Debian-based systems like Ubuntu and derivatives, and am running Xubuntu on all desktop interfaces now...

Thanks for the offer, I spend time on several Linux Forums, (& the occasional visit to Daemon Forum).
    Luckily for me, I came along at Debian 2.1/ RedHat 4/ Slackware 8, all nicely pre packaged.
    Used to have modems too, but couldn't really afford to be on line much - how things have changed.
    Edit: Just to say; I'm messing with Vuu-Do just now, (a Devuan derivative).
    Last edited by uke1950; 08-08-2017 at 07:24 AM.
    Long Neck = Kala KA-SLNG - Ohana SK30M - Ohana SK30L - Ohana CK35L
    Electric = Mahalo 'Surfboard' concert - RISA Solid/Stick concert - RISA Uke Ellie tenor - RISA Solid/Stick tenor
    Concert = Baton Rouge Hotrod - Baton Rouge Sun thinline cutaway - Kala KA-CEME - Kala KA-ASAC
    Tenor = Kala KA-T (fitted with classical guitar strings DGBE)
    Baritone = Lani solid Spruce top - Kala solid Cedar top

Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    Thanks for the offer, I spend time on several Linux Forums, (& the occasional visit to Daemon Forum).
    Luckily for me, I came along at Debian 2.1/ RedHat 4/ Slackware 8, all nicely pre packaged.
    Used to have modems too, but couldn't really afford to be on line much - how things have changed.
    Edit: Just to say; I'm messing with Vuu-Do just now, (a Devuan derivative).
    I love when you say things like "Devuan derivative".....
    I own more ukes than I need. But not as many as I want.

All of this computer talk makes me dizzy but I just wasnt to express my gratitude to Booli who was willing to go further with this than I would ever ask. I thought someone would say
    #1 go to settings in YT
    #2 click on open view to all videos to the public
    #3 don't be dumb enough to ever do this again
    #4 you can make this mistake 3 times and then your out of luck
    #5 this is YT and you can not trust us because we make changes faster than you can change your underwear!

Booli I appreciate your sentiment that we are here to help each other and putting out this good energy is a great example to all of us. So many great people here!
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    Like Sting said in 'Synchronicity I' which is basd upon a book by Carl Jung (who was a student of Sigmund Freud);
    Al slowly supped his pint, and with very weary eyes, with lids as heavy as lead,
    he struggled to keep his eyes open. With each blink of his eyelids he tried to speak.
    He was royally drunk. With a slur in his voice he began:

“So there was Jug, Carl Jung, the sigh… the psychologist, listening to this woman on a cow…
    on a couch, and she’s talking about a fish… a vision she’d had about a blah…sorry…
    a black scarab beetle, when lo and bee… behold a bee… beetle flew in the wind… the window.
    Now old Carl knew the beetle was the edge… excuse me… the Egyptian symbol for rebirth,
    so he told the woman it was no Cohen… no coincidence, what with the beetle in the wind
    and the edge and all that… it just thunderlined the woman's need to ease… to escape an
    over-attachment to rash… to rash… to rationalism. Sink… Synchronicity was what it was”

Al was trying to score points against me, and he smiled and nodded with immense satisfaction
    once he had completed the sentence. I played the old "but nevertheless" gambit on him.
    I dipped my tongue in a pot of super glue and began:

“But remember Borges… didn’t he say there was a man who had a fish… a vision about a
    potter goal… gold hidden in a core… courtyard under a tree, and when he told his family
    about it they thaw… are you listening… they thought he was crazy. Nevertheless he followed
    his dream and found the core and the tree but no goal, and the owner of the how…
    how’s your father… house comes up an asks him what’s he doing there, and he says
    following a fish… vision. So the owner says I’ve had fish… visions but I never do anything about
    them, they’re a weighs… complete waste of time. I’ve had a fish about a core and a tree and
    a goal, but I’m not stew… are you asleep… stupid enough to do anything about it.

The first man’s eyes sparkled because he wreck… you hearing me... recognised his own house
    in the mans description, and he went home and scored the goal.
    Fish are the collie… collective con… conch… consciousness of humanity”

Al had slipped off his chair and was lying on the floor. I had drunk him under the table.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Very funny, Rob!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Thread Information