Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

No point in watching one with ads when I can watch another without (I'm not a patient man) ........ Stalin soup on special offer !! Lol

I agree with you in that I wouldn't bother if it weren't a vid I particularly wanted to watch, such as one by a much respected Seasonista (there you go, Rob!) Are you really all still at it? I've had lunch now.

I agree with you in that I wouldn't bother if it weren't a vid I particularly wanted to watch, such as one by a much respected Seasonista (there you go, Rob!) Are you really all still at it? I've had lunch now.
More Importantly, what did you have to eat Val ? Pssssst most of what I say Is tongue in cheek by the way.........
Of course I would watch an ad especially if I'm playing back one of my own vids that contained them.:music:

More Importantly, what did you have to eat Val ? Pssssst most of what I say Is tongue in cheek by the way.........
Of course I would watch an ad especially if I'm playing back one of my own vids that contained them.:music:

Yes, let's get down to the nitty gritty ... it was homemade leek and potato soup (and it wasn't even remotely nitty or gritty.)

Yes, let's get down to the nitty gritty ... it was homemade leek and potato soup (and it wasn't even remotely nitty or gritty.)
Bit healthy Innit ???

Going completely off topic here (ahem changing the subject completely) I have never written a song or even tried but am forever coming up with original noodles that I never do anything with. As most of us are posting pointless s** on here because we're bored and have used up our song quota on the present season it would really stoke me if any of the songwriters on the seasons or those that want to try writing incorporate this noodle in an original piece. Write me a song based on my noodle . I've played it as slowly as possible so you can hopefully see where the fingers fall.

Last edited:
Am I missing something here? I don't think I have EVER seen an advert on Rob's videos, and I must have watched a lot of them. In fact, I don't think I have seen an ad on any Seasons videos. Have I unwittingly ticked a box which says "don't show me no ads man..."?

Am I missing something here? I don't think I have EVER seen an advert on Rob's videos, and I must have watched a lot of them. In fact, I don't think I have seen an ad on any Seasons videos. Have I unwittingly ticked a box which says "don't show me no ads man..."?

There is an easy technical solution to anyone who is troubled by ads and that is to install the Brave browser
You will never see another ad and all of you browsing history will be cloaked so nobody can track where you
have been or what you have been doing. Follow the link to download.

https://brave.com

I've seen ads on Rob's vids. I just wait the obligatory 10sec then click on "Skip ad". Simples

If people want to monetise their videos, that's fine by me. The fact that I can skip the ad after 10 sec is also good. I understand where Pa is coming from but I can't say I feel strongly about it. Each to their own.

Last edited:
ohhhhhhhhhhhh yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... is there any left? have i got time to pop round?

Sorry, Lynda ... only just seen this; otherwise you would have been very welcome to pop round! Going to brave the snow and go out to lunch today, but we'll be having the soup again for lunch tomorrow, if you feel like making the journey - don't forget your skis.

Here in the US of A it's time for Turkey noodle soup. The Ms is cooking up the bones as we noodle.

I'm dropping my ISP today and moving to a new one so I decided to dig out my Baritone Aerobics book and learn to play and read music while I await my new service. Maybe I'll learn something?

Here in the US of A it's time for Turkey noodle soup. The Ms is cooking up the bones as we noodle.

I'm dropping my ISP today and moving to a new one so I decided to dig out my Baritone Aerobics book and learn to play and read music while I await my new service. Maybe I'll learn something?

Baritone aerobics sounds unnecessarily energetic! (Enjoy your soup.)

Are you upgrading from SledgeLink, one of the ISPs Lil had to use during her recent troubles? That would explain having to do something else for a while.

Lil, simply inspired by your example, last night I "whizzed up" (literally, since I used an immersion blender on part) a batch of split pea soup au BourrUbu; among other oddments, I added barley, rice, carrots, ground caraway, ground rosemary, dill weed and tarragon. Delishissimo! I plan to make it again tonight along with cumin-sage cornbread. BTW, your UU mailbox is full.

Sorry about that ... I have now cleared "some" of my mailbox. Were you going to send me the recipe (sounds delicious)? P.S. I can't really recommend "SledgeLink"!

Last edited:
Top Bottom