Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

And should anyone be even remotely interested, this is what "Sledgelink" looks like (we had a heavy snowfall during the night) ... yet, strangely, despite the snow, the dish is working this morning. The sun came out a little while ago, but now it's gone back in again!

24132040_1627380327284609_7632451056362055646_o - Edited (1).jpg 24173588_1627380210617954_2265792194359231907_o.jpg 24173597_1627380937284548_6330577822147546036_o.jpg24173621_1627382617284380_7169284199125389116_o - Edited.jpg

Pancakes...........pancakes spread with lemon curd to be more precise........mmmmmmm. :drool:

Sounds good to me, and lately I've also taken to having a toasted English Muffin with butter and orange marmalade.

Great for me as a quick and happy wake-up flavor with the morning coffee when I am not yet enthusiastic about making a 'proper' (with protein) breakfast...

There's just something about the way that the butter melts into all of the crevices of the muffin, and then the marmalade fills the gaps, and it's sweet, but not candy-sweet, and a nice change from grape jam or strawberry preserves...

Polaner brand has lots of wonderful types and flavors, usually all natural without added extra sugar or HFCS like Smuckers or Welches brands do...

You people are making me hungry!

At the moment I am drinking my regular health smoothy that tastes a little like dirt.
1 cup Kale
1 cup blueberries
2 scoops protein powder, vanilla
2 tsp powdered potassium
1 Tbs chia seeds (Vit. C)
1 Tbs nutritional yeast
1-2 C water
Blend well!
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumck!

Does anyone want to join me?

PS, I like my bacon crispy with enough grease you don't need a nonstick pan but for now I've given that up for the ever so yummy dirt smoothie :)

LOVE pancakes, Rob! And, Linda, your drink sounds disgusting ... and it apparently didn't stop you catching 'flu! (Do hope you're getting better now.)

I am slowly getting there. Thanks for asking.
The smoothie isn't as bad as it sounds but it's not the best. Kale is really good for you and I'm not one to have greens every day so I try and start my day sneaking it in this way. Then I eat like crap the rest of the day. lol

I did make some Mock WonTon Soup for lunch and it was delish.

2-3 32 oz. box's chicken stock
16 oz Tortellini cook until tender 10 min.

1/2 C shredded carrots
1/2 C diced green onions
1 tsp. Grated ginger root
1tsp. Garlic diced
2 T. Soy Sauce
1/2 C water chestnut

2 tsp. Sesame oil
1/2 C pea pods
1/2 C peas
1/2 C diced Mushrooms
1 C. Napa Cabbage cut

Bring stock to boil and add Tortellini, carrots, garlic, ginger root and water chestnuts, cook until Tortellini is tender 10 min.
Just before serving add sesame oil, pea pods, peas, mushrooms, and cabbage.
When cabbage is wilted it's done.

Fast and easy. Its what I always crave when I've got a cold or flu.

Rob, didnt your mother tell you to chew every bit 25 times?
Here in America we call that a crepe.
So much better than a pancake!
images-1.jpeg

Last edited:
whoa val that is some serious weather!!!!!! makes me feel bad about moaning about how cold it is here in london! rumour has it we had a tiny bit of snow or sleet here but i never saw it, well i take that back, i saw about one or two tiny bits of something cold-and-more-serious-than-rain falling, but not much and nothing settled.

Yes, seriously serious weather here, Lynda ... have just looked outside (not terribly informative as it is still dark), and from what I can see, we have had another snowfall and the car is half-buried. This is not good news as I need to get out down to the town later; impossible till the snow plough comes through, after which it might just be feasible. And Linda L., that soup sounds delish - I shall most definitely give it a go. At the moment, as ever when I read interesting recipes, I haven't got half the ingredients. (And we have "crepes" over here, too, made with either white flour or heavier, rustic stuff. They can be either sweet or savoury. But they are very "slimmed down" versions of pancakes, which altogether have far more body and substance.)

Really wanted to watch this, Rob ... but only got as far as the carton with the woman on the side. (Running out of our monthly Internet allowance and I think the satellite dish is going back into deep freeze mode again. Will have to watch it later, i.e. after next Tuesday, when we get "rebooted".)

I walk the dog for an hour every morning before work and always pitstop at this café for breakfast and eat outside no matter what the weather .........this is my usual brekkie at 8am (hence why my vids always contain uke up front and centre and my three chins even more up front and centre)..........

Last edited:
Top Bottom