Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

That's awesome, Alan. I remember your take on "Coyotes," it was incredible!

Yes!

Kudos to you Alan and Congrats!

Must have felt great on the ride home, thinking about it after, AND you made some NEW memories for the family, with....your....UKULELE....and singing! YAY! :)

Here's a photo of us, taken by my cousin's wife. I think you have to click to enlarge. It's hard to tell in this photo, but the young guy looks like Merle Haggard. No kidding.

X61ftj

Attachments

• 20770517_1814159911928317_4374766047500338114_n.jpg
    20770517_1814159911928317_4374766047500338114_n.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 17
Well, I actually came on to say that I just snagged, what looked to me to be a bargain.

Southern Ukulele Store had 2 Ohana SK30M solid mahogany concert necked sopranos for sale at £99 each - don't bother looking, I bought one, & the other one went too. :)

So one to come, & four are going to an old peoples home - so I have started to reduce my 'collection' - finally. :D

STOP PRESS!! The other Ohana SK30M appears to be back in stock as of 9.30pm.

Last edited:
Well, I actually came on to say that I just snagged, what looked to me to be a bargain.

Southern Ukulele Store had 2 Ohana SK30M solid mahogany concert necked sopranos for sale at £99 each - don't bother looking, I bought one, & the other one went too. :)

So one to come, & four are going to an old peoples home - so I have started to reduce my 'collection' - finally. :D

Congrats on the new longnecker!

Also, kudos to you for sharing the love of uke and passing the others on so the joy they bring will continue to enrich the lives of others :)

Went to the De Young Museum in San Francisco today to see their exhibit about the Summer of Love. We wanted to see it earlier in the summer but had to put it off to the last day because one or both of us was gone for all of July. Anyway, it made me think of Linda's excellent recent season (which I missed, boo). A pretty good exhibit all around. Lots of excellent concert posters of some of the bands that sometimes show up in the Seasons.

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

I need this in my life.
oh wow that is so cool and it sounds great! love the headstock!

Went to the De Young Museum in San Francisco today to see their exhibit about the Summer of Love. We wanted to see it earlier in the summer but had to put it off to the last day because one or both of us was gone for all of July. Anyway, it made me think of Linda's excellent recent season (which I missed, boo). A pretty good exhibit all around. Lots of excellent concert posters of some of the bands that sometimes show up in the Seasons.

View attachment 102484

View attachment 102483
oooh i really love the design of that first one

I got a whatapp text from my grandson asking about a trick to do multiplication tables
between 6-10 so if you want to get in with your grandkids you can teach them this old
Russian finger technique for doing simple multiplication tables.

I made a quick video of birds feeding in and round the tree outside our house. We get plenty of birds, mostly sparrows, pigeons and starlings but there's a robin, blue tits and yesterday a coal tit (I think). We've had a few others as well. I added a sound track with a flute. The tune is called Michael Turner's Waltz.

It seems that holiday patterns are easy to recognize from the Seasons entries.
The last few weeks there have been a moderate amount of entries, in spite of no song limit.
This week there are 70 songs half way through the week. Guess people are back from vacation...

Just thought I'd give a heads up to UK members - Ohana SK30M long neck solid mahogany soprano at £99.

http://www.southernukulelestore.co....prano-Ukulele-Concert-Neck-All-Solid-Mahogany

Arrr, don't tempt like that!
So cheap...

Edit:
I have considered getting a concert scale soprano, hoping to get a bit more bark than I get from my Cort concert.
Have anyone tried this model? I can find youtube reviews of the tenor scale model, not this one, but I assume it sounds similar in some way?

Edit edit:
Awww, too late, allready gone...
Saw them at 119 at another vendor, don't know if they ship to Denmark though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom