Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

You know I love electric uke, Ryan. I look forward to hearing your thoughts as you keep using this uke. I don’t have a steel string uke, but if/when I get another uke, I’ll probably get a steel string.

You know I love electric uke, Ryan. I look forward to hearing your thoughts as you keep using this uke. I don’t have a steel string uke, but if/when I get another uke, I’ll probably get a steel string.

Just posted a brief review on Keith's thread if you're interested.

Spoiler: definitely something up with the pickups.

I haven't done much with my steel stringed uke (soprano konablaster) other than shielding it and having the nut cut and a low G installed. And so it sits at my shop in a flea case. When I first bought it after much tweaking of the presets on my guitar pedal earlier to get a good sound with nylon strings the steel strings and magnetic pickup just sound dead or perhaps better put compressed. Standard guitar presets sounded fine.

A few guys over the years when switching from nylon to steel recommend using aLaska Piks. http://www.alaskapik.com/

Aloha friends...

You've not heard from me for a while cuz I been down with a bad case of the flu near about a week now...so

...little energy for computing things, and only able for lots of rest and chicken soup, etc until I get my strength back

Be well folks and those in northern hemispheres, please stay warm and keep safe...

Mahalo, Booli

Val and Keith,

Your kindness is much appreciated and helps motivate me to feel better.

Thanks truly, and ever so much. :)

New youtube guidelines for 2018 of 4000 hours watchtime and over 1000 subscribers
will mean that all channels not meeting those requirements will be demonitized as of
February 2018.

New youtube guidelines for 2018 of 4000 hours watchtime and over 1000 subscribers
will mean that all channels not meeting those requirements will be demonitized as of
February 2018.

That's certainly going to make a difference in when I can retire...

:uhoh:

Just ordered up a refurbed 7" tablet, to see if recording with it will spur me on to do more playing & recording.

(I always seem to shut down at this time of year, just don't have the inclination to shift my butt & get on with things.)

I've written a ditty for Rick's Season, just got to work out some notes/chords to go with the words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've got a little ditty,
I play with it all day long,
Until it gets bigger.....
& becomes a song.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:p

Top Bottom