Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194
Results 1,931 to 1,939 of 1939

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Just a heads up for our UK contingent.

2x 8-string tenors & several baritones going cheap (B stock & pre used) at the Southern Ukulele Store today.
    Long Neck = Kala KA-SLNG - Ohana SK30M - Ohana SK30L - Ohana CK35L
    Electric = Mahalo 'Surfboard' concert - RISA Solid/Stick concert - RISA Uke Ellie tenor - RISA Solid/Stick tenor
    Concert = Baton Rouge Hotrod - Baton Rouge Sun thinline cutaway - Kala KA-CEME - Kala KA-ASAC
    Tenor = Kala KA-T (fitted with classical guitar strings DGBE)
    Baritone = Lani solid Spruce top - Kala solid Cedar top

Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    I think a lot of us have to gravitate to 'our own space'.
    I too have my own space (the background to almost all of my videos) where I do my playing. In fact, thinking about it, last week's Season video from the campervan was the first time I have recorded a song with my wife in the room. She didn't make any comment, until the following day, when we passed a busker in the street. "You're better than him" she said. I didn't agree, but it was nice of her to say so.
    Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander
    Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor"
    Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box
    ...all with Worth strings
    ...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    My husband shudders when I even get my uke out!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    I think a lot of us have to gravitate to 'our own space'.
    And to all the rest of the comments......Its so good to not feel alone in this!

I have from 8am to 4pm tues and thursday without anyone to bother me.....USUALLY!

My daughter knows that when Im recording it is my time and Im not to be bothered. Yesterday I was trying to record a particularly hard song to pull off. If I want a clean take I have to wait for the AC to pop off. You might ask why not just turn it off? Come to Arizona and you won't ask that question. I must have played that song for hours in the little window of opportunities I had. AC on for 15 minutes and off for about 8. The wait time was killing me and then all the mistakes before it came back on had me feeling frustrated.

Then it happened. The perfectly clean take. While i was singing and playing Im coming up on the outro and in my mind Im thinking, finally, just a few more bars! Then my daughter comes in and cuts me off! Listen to this she says with disgust and reads me a text!

Too bad there isn't an emoji with the top of a head exploding! That would have been more of an explanation of my reaction.

Consequently I had to settle on a take that was disappointing.
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Comment from Mrs RABB this morning:

That was some pretty good playing this morning. Shame it woke me up.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    I too have my own space (the background to almost all of my videos) where I do my playing. In fact, thinking about it, last week's Season video from the campervan was the first time I have recorded a song with my wife in the room. She didn't make any comment, until the following day, when we passed a busker in the street. "You're better than him" she said. I didn't agree, but it was nice of her to say so.
    You know I find that wives are pretty honest commentators Steve. They usually call a spade a spade especially when it comes to their husband.

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    You know I find that wives are pretty honest commentators Steve. They usually call a spade a spade especially when it comes to their husband.
    me too. When i was learning engraving sometimes she would say" well, it's not your best work..." Right to the heart. But she was right. And now when she says she loves my songs, I believe her.

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    Very true. At one point it seemed like only time she would comment was when something wasn't right...

"You were out of tune there".

OTOH, it's a sign of a good relationship that they feel comfortable about making honest comment and know that you won't take offence - even if you are a bit narked inside; often as much at yourself.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Yeah my wife will tell me when something isn't working, equally she'll take my comments on board when she's crocheting and I say something doesn't look quite right.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Similarly with my daughter. If she's buying a new dress or something she says she likes to ask my opinion because I'll be honest with her and say whether it looks right or not.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Thread Information