Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

YouTube has never stopped changing and breaking things or simply removing the most awesome features that made YouTube what it is today like the video reply.

The last few months I notice the embedded videos posted to the forums no longer have visible buttons under the movie playing. They are still there just invisible. This came back for a week or so then "poofie" gone again.

My guess is the laughable paid subscription to YouTube Red is fracking us all. Now the question is what is the next great video site that will upend YouTube and bring something back to the general user like visibility. One can hope.

~AL~

yeah someone said a little while ago that maybe the new youtube red was messing with *insert whatever youtube thing was not working at the time, here*

i don't even know what youtube red is, i googled it back when i first heard it mentioned and then stopped reading the moment i saw the word "subscription"!

I was just reading back about the pug picture and couldn't but notice... Realize its cringe worthy on my end but I can only suggest change in others. I'm not really into Thelma as ritual Magic/k to me is a waste of time and energy affecting instead of effecting change. Although the belief behind the phrase "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" does stoke my inner flame.

My pet peeves are my issue not yours.

~AL~

i'm not complaining! it's just i saw your name down at the bottom of the page and suddenly all my low case "i"s just really jumped out at me!!!!!!! lol! they say dance like no one's watching, but my challenge there was to type like no one was watching!!!!!!!

i hope you know AL, i think you :rock: !

Well it sounds like you might be starting to understand my dilemma they all scream to me. The one fronting the name Inksplosive is a doosie as well. lol

itsAllGood.jpg

Good things seem to always come from our chats. Just now looking for a picture to suggest its all good I came across this artists work.

http://www.chetzar.com/artwork-2014-chet-zar.html

YouTube has never stopped changing and breaking things or simply removing the most awesome features that made YouTube what it is today like the video reply.

The last few months I notice the embedded videos posted to the forums no longer have visible buttons under the movie playing. They are still there just invisible. This came back for a week or so then "poofie" gone again.

My guess is the laughable paid subscription to YouTube Red is fracking us all. Now the question is what is the next great video site that will upend YouTube and bring something back to the general user like visibility. One can hope.

~AL~

All the bottom buttons have been there the whole time for me.

As it popped in and out its likely something with my setup of Firefox running adblock+ and noscript that just doesn't play well with something they changed.

Sadly the change from "broadcast yourself" YT where a regular everyday Joe's or Jane's video could actually gain multiple thousands of views... to today, good luck pulling a solid 100 views. Big companies matter now not the little guy. The greatness of YT is gone. I imagine the YT red thing is a step further towards showing us what matters. I expect to see YT go the way of Imageshack which out of nowhere changed to a pay only structure a year or so ago. They recently deleting all unpaid accounts with no warning depending on your notification settings.

I personally hope to outlive Imageshack and Yelp but wouldn't be surprised if YT dies sooner than later as well. I have no respect for those who give something to only take it away at a later date. As a businessman I understand the cost involved doing business but bad business is bad business. I have a bad taste left in my mouth from these three companies currently if you cannot tell.

I type too much. "We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming" ;)

As it popped in and out its likely something with my setup of Firefox running adblock+ and noscript that just doesn't play well with something they changed.

Sadly the change from "broadcast yourself" YT where a regular everyday Joe's or Jane's video could actually gain multiple thousands of views... to today, good luck pulling a solid 100 views. Big companies matter now not the little guy. The greatness of YT is gone. I imagine the YT red thing is a step further towards showing us what matters. I expect to see YT go the way of Imageshack which out of nowhere changed to a pay only structure a year or so ago. They recently deleting all unpaid accounts with no warning depending on your notification settings.

I personally hope to outlive Imageshack and Yelp but wouldn't be surprised if YT dies sooner than later as well. I have no respect for those who give something to only take it away at a later date. As a businessman I understand the cost involved doing business but bad business is bad business. I have a bad taste left in my mouth from these three companies currently if you cannot tell.

I type too much. "We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming" ;)

I quit using Firefox for youtube a long time ago. It has had problems for at least a couple of years, in my experience. I use Chrome when I'm doing lots of youtube stuff.

I quit using Firefox for youtube a long time ago. It has had problems for at least a couple of years, in my experience. I use Chrome when I'm doing lots of youtube stuff.

I know the browser well enough to have never tried Chrome. I try to stay away from anything Google having been here since the start. Funny I know since Google now owns YouTube... it better be perfect on chrome but to heck with the rest.

Sadly I might have to use a tablet or a secondary computer and learn a bit about chrome just to add call to action buttons directly to a Facebook post to try to sell some of the shirts and items I have for sale on various POD sites like redbubble and skreened.

~AL~

Zippers then?

http://cdn3.volusion.com/tywne.zayve/v/vspfiles/photos/11002-4.jpg

Wow $99 I could get a ukulele for that!
lol!!!!!!! i was gonna say a ukulele is, OBVIOUSLY, way more use than a zipper for the back of your bottom :rolleyes: but on second thoughts, for women in jumpsuits and onesies, that zip arrangement could save hours, and a chill, when needing to completely strip off every time you go to the bathroom. it could also prove handy :uhoh: for quickly warming one's bottom in front of a roaring fire.

lol!!!!!!! i was gonna say a ukulele is, OBVIOUSLY, way more use than a zipper for the back of your bottom :rolleyes: but on second thoughts, for women in jumpsuits and onesies, that zip arrangement could save hours, and a chill, when needing to completely strip off every time you go to the bathroom. it could also prove handy :uhoh: for quickly warming one's bottom in front of a roaring fire.

Or while gazing at the moon.........

I have been struggling being able to view some videos because of load time for a couple months now. Dang spinning wheel! Today I did a little research and followed this advice. I changed my quality in settings on those slow vids down to 280p so that they would load. Yep, they finally loaded right up and the quality wasn't terrible! So glad I now know how to fix that problem :D You can find the settings button on the bottom right of each video.

Here's the weird thing!!! I changed it back to the highest HD setting for a different video, then came across one of the vids that have been consistently slow and it now plays at the higher setting!? Don't know why that happened but Im happy it did :)

If you two are having this issue try changing to a lower quality and it should fix it. I love the settings button. I love that you can change the speed of vids too. Its great when your trying to study just how someone is handing a chord pass or how they are walking the strings.....and then there is that fast mode for zipping through a long long Wendy....I mean winded video. LoL JK Wendy ;-)

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh lordy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and...

yeah the settings thing is way handy... normally my internet is fine but now and again vids keep sticking and going to a lower vid setting reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally helps... i don't find it impacts on the sound, you just get a maybe slightly blurry visual, i'm a purist, i'm here for the music darling ;) so i don't mind sacrificing the vid quality if it helps me hear audio without it stopping and starting all the time

Yep! My channel has been changed around and no longer has the choice bar. Some, like BEVO, still have it. I no longer know how to PM someone on youtube if they don't have the "about" tab.

I've notice that too Gorgonzola. Some do and some don't. I think it may be how the individuals account is set up??? Not sure.

Yep! My channel has been changed around and no longer has the choice bar. Some, like BEVO, still have it. I no longer know how to PM someone on youtube if they don't have the "about" tab.
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! madness!!!!!!!!!!!!

re. what linda said, i dunno if it's to with how you set up your channel, i've never really fiddled with any settings.................

Top Bottom