Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I spent the weekend at the Grand Northern Ukulele Festival in Huddersfield, and as usual there was a scattering of Seasonistas past & present (& future - who knows!).
Myrna made it all the way from Alaska, and apologised for not being around on the Seasons for a while. She has been busy with her painting, and looking at some of the quick sketches she did of performers and others around the festival, it has been time well spent. Mike Flaherty and Michael & Saskia of We Tigers, combined as Fake Plastic Tigers, doing their sublime take on Radiohead songs on the main stage. Krabbers & Mim both did excellent jobs of running stages.
Headline act on Saturday night was Jake Shimabukuro - utterly magnificent - and the added bonus was when he arrived back at the hotel and joined in with the jam session going on in the bar. Yes, I can go to my grave happy that I played Wagon Wheel with Jake...
Next year the festival is moving by a month to June 19/20/21. Recommended!!

One of these years I will make it. Definitely need a live jam with you guys at some point!

I spent the weekend at the Grand Northern Ukulele Festival in Huddersfield, and as usual there was a scattering of Seasonistas past & present (& future - who knows!).
Myrna made it all the way from Alaska, and apologised for not being around on the Seasons for a while. She has been busy with her painting, and looking at some of the quick sketches she did of performers and others around the festival, it has been time well spent. Mike Flaherty and Michael & Saskia of We Tigers, combined as Fake Plastic Tigers, doing their sublime take on Radiohead songs on the main stage. Krabbers & Mim both did excellent jobs of running stages.
Headline act on Saturday night was Jake Shimabukuro - utterly magnificent - and the added bonus was when he arrived back at the hotel and joined in with the jam session going on in the bar. Yes, I can go to my grave happy that I played Wagon Wheel with Jake...
Next year the festival is moving by a month to June 19/20/21. Recommended!!
Blinkin’ flip! Completely forgot about GNUF. Wouldn’t have been able to make it in any case :(. Yes, Ryan, we need to get a load of Seasonistas to make it next year :cool:

what a brilliant post Steve. thank you brother.
so pleased you were there mate and so desperately sorry I wasn't.

Blinkin’ flip! Completely forgot about GNUF. Wouldn’t have been able to make it in any case :(. Yes, Ryan, we need to get a load of Seasonistas to make it next year :cool:

I wondered where you were! The Polish restaurant is still there.
Early bird tickets for 2020 go on sale at 5pm tonight. Sadly, I probably won't be going, as it is only a few days before Glastonbury, and I only have limited brownie points

Last edited:
I wondered where you were! The Polish restaurant is still there.
Early bird tickets for 2020 go on sale at 5pm tonight. Sadly, I probably won't be going, as it is only a few days before Glastonbury, and I only have limited brownie points

Jamming with Seasonistas > Reformed Toto or whoever they drag out next year

Blue Skies, Plum trees and Bees. (anyone can use this footage for their videos if they want)

fantastic show!!!!!!!! we came last..................... again........................... but i thought michael did great, the whole contest is amazing, what a great eurovision week! :rock:

We were one of the biggest funders to the European Broadcasting Union and as such were given automatic qualification along with France, Germany and Spain, to bypass those countries who had to qualify by points and on merit to the semi's (fair system huh?).......and still managed to lose. I think its grabbing at straws to blame 'B' on a contest that we've only ever won five times in 60 yrs and the last time 22 yrs ago which was obviously long before. Its a shame that politics and funding has permeated into what was once an Innocent fun talent contest. Sign of the times :wallbash:

Last edited:
Top Bottom