Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

happy to see you are still enjoying music Randy.

Today I am one year older and will be finishing the cleaning needed before I move my whole set up into the new studio space!

Facebook has been showing me lots of ads of a place called Crown & Paw for the last month. Crown & Paw will take a photo of your pet and photoshop it into a Renaissance-style portrait printed on a piece of canvas. Today is my 25th wedding anniversary, and my daughter and I agreed that my wife would enjoy getting a portrait of Eisley as one of her gifts.

Duke of Eisley.jpg

Hi. Long time no see. For those who remember me (or give a darn) I want you to know that my band released its first album, “I’m Gonna Play Uke” available by download or streaming, and also on CD at our gigs. It’s definitely fun and family friendly!

Most of the songs I wrote for this album, I originally wrote for the Seasons. Thanks for that.

If you listen, let me know what you think, or leave a review on CD Baby.

Hope to come back someday if I figure out how not to keep offending people with old songs! Take care!

Randy

I've been away from UU for a while and when I came back and saw your post above I was absolutely thrilled!

Congrats Randy!

I gave the music a listen on CD Baby and it's truly wonderful and I am glad to hear your ukulele playing front and center in the mix :music:

Thanks for sharing! :)

Last edited:
Facebook has been showing me lots of ads of a place called Crown & Paw for the last month. Crown & Paw will take a photo of your pet and photoshop it into a Renaissance-style portrait printed on a piece of canvas. Today is my 25th wedding anniversary, and my daughter and I agreed that my wife would enjoy getting a portrait of Eisley as one of her gifts.

View attachment 120023

oh wow! that is great!!!!!!!!

I totally agree! I love that photo! Thanks for sharing :)

booli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so good to see you!!!!!! i hope all is well with you!!!!!!

and randy, yes, well done about the cd! i hope you won't be a stranger to the seasons - all those classic old-timey tunes are part of the history of the uke, i hope everyone who loves that music with a passion will keep bringing it

Hi. Long time no see. For those who remember me (or give a darn) I want you to know that my band released its first album, “I’m Gonna Play Uke” available by download or streaming, and also on CD at our gigs. It’s definitely fun and family friendly!

Most of the songs I wrote for this album, I originally wrote for the Seasons. Thanks for that.

Hope to come back someday if I figure out how not to keep offending people with old songs! Take care!

Randy

Woohoo! I got mine and I love it. I particularly love all the mentions on the back of the CD. This truly has everything you could think of. Giving Zeus the dog a mention is fabulous!
Lead Ukulele - (Forte a familiar UU face), Percussion, Trumpet, Harmonica, U-bass, Flute, Penne Whistle, Heart and Soul, Barking and all those vocals!
This is a fantastic accomplishment to be so proud of.

Thank you for sharing this with all of us. I didn't realize that the Seasons influenced most of the music included. That just goes to show everyone how important this place is.

I will cherish this CD like it is gold!

Love you Brother,
Linda

Anybody else who gets an error message saying "Forbidden. Dangerous network" when they try to post?

I can post from my Phone, when using mobile data - not from wifi.
I can not post from my Pc.

Last time this happened, restarting the router fixed it, but this time i tried in vain.

Randy

Hey, Randy, It's Dave. I listened to a sample of your work. It's sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't heard from you in a long, long while. I hope the new band and the cd work out fine.

I got this guitalele as a present from a friend of my Mom's weeks ago. I' very excited about it. I'm still learning how to use it because of the extra two strings on there, but it'll work out.

WIN_20190802_06_17_21_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Randy

You've never come remotely close to offending me Randy, and I definitely miss your participation on the Seasons! Excellent mix of originals and covers on your new CD. "The Man in the Moon" and "Leave no Trace" were my personal favorites! Congrat's and really, really hope to see you on the seasons again soon! Cheers ~

I just had to share this!

a. that totally rocked
b. i need a white guitar
c. i think the drummer needed a tambourine or something!

I got this guitalele as a present from a friend of my Mom's weeks ago. I' very excited about it. I'm still learning how to use it because of the extra two strings on there, but it'll work out.

View attachment 120427
that looks really nice! i have a guitalele, they are great, when i got mine i had hoped to re-learn the guitar chords i learnt many years ago when i taught myself a tiny bit of guitar from a book, but i've ended up open tuning it aeaeea, it's a shed load of fun but i'm no nearer getting to grips with those guitar chords!!!!!

a. that totally rocked
b. i need a white guitar
c. i think the drummer needed a tambourine or something!

that looks really nice! i have a guitalele, they are great, when i got mine i had hoped to re-learn the guitar chords i learnt many years ago when i taught myself a tiny bit of guitar from a book, but i've ended up open tuning it aeaeea, it's a shed load of fun but i'm no nearer getting to grips with those guitar chords!!!!!

Thanks, Lynda. I hope it works out, too. I've been thinking about dabbling into guitar lessons, too. I have a full-size guitar that was owned by my sister. She'd taken up lessons but it didn't take with her.

Can anyone help me? My custom-built uke (from Wunderkammer in Bristol, England) is a work in progress and I have photos which I should like to share. (I am never likely to have another custom-built instrument so it is a BIG event for me!) I have absolutely no idea where I should post the photos, though ... anyone?

Top Bottom