Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

There's now a style called "New England IPA" that means the IPA is unfiltered and cloudy. This one has hops that add tropical fruit tastes that are sort of like mango or pineapple.

The yeast is a major contributor to the fruity flavors. Part of leaving it unfiltered is to leave the yeast products in the beer and keep those flavors. These are NEIPA or "Hazy" on the east coast of the US. They have been popping up on the west coast too, where they are called "Juicy" IPA's.

I've been sorry to miss so many seasons - I've been traveling away from home with either no uke or no internet (or both) for most of July and August. Part of this time was spent backpacking in the Canadian Rockies. I thought some of you might enjoy the name of this trail in Banff, near at Moraine Lake, that must have been named by some Nick Lowe fans.

IMG_20190827_191552.jpg

There's now a style called "New England IPA" that means the IPA is unfiltered and cloudy. This one has hops that add tropical fruit tastes that are sort of like mango or pineapple.

German Weissbier (wheat beer) is naturally cloudy. Very nice it is too. I was recommended it some years ago when visiting some colleagues in Germany.

Eisley Rabbit will be 13 years old in a couple of months. So my daughter and I are trying to figure out what we should do for his Bun Mitzvah.

Eisley Rabbit will be 13 years old in a couple of months. So my daughter and I are trying to figure out what we should do for his Bun Mitzvah.

True story - I was visiting a friend in Baltimore I had some research business at John Hopkins.
At a friends house there was a party with lots of ballon floating up near the ceiling but by the
morning they had all fallen to the floor. My friend let his pet rabbit out of its cage and you know
that rabbits do what rabbits best and it decided to take advantage of one of the balloons,
it must have been reaching climax when the claws came out and the balloon burst.
The poor rabbit near had a heart attack and lay comatose on its side before it eventually got up.
So don't be giving your rabbit balloons for its birthday.

True story - I was visiting a friend in Baltimore I had some research business at John Hopkins.
At a friends house there was a party with lots of ballon floating up near the ceiling but by the
morning they had all fallen to the floor. My friend let his pet rabbit out of its cage and you know
that rabbits do what rabbits best and it decided to take advantage of one of the balloons,
it must have been reaching climax when the claws came out and the balloon burst.
The poor rabbit near had a heart attack and lay comatose on its side before it eventually got up.
So don't be giving your rabbit balloons for its birthday.

I couldn't remember if I've ever told this here before. So here goes:

We've been giving Eisley balloons to play with for three years now, because our first (female) rabbit enjoyed them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6np4Nj_zCt8
In spring of 2017, he figured out the leverage of how to get his front paws up on top of the balloon, then scoot the hindquarters forward till they reach the balloon. Then we see the back end jackhammer for a few seconds, finished with an Austin Powers-esque "and I'm spent!" Now, of course, that's his favorite pastime.

BUT...the even stranger thing is that when we give him an expanded pen in the evening, and put the balloons in it for him to "play with", he will just sit there looking forlorn until one of us comes by to watch him, and only then does he immediately start trying to hump the balloon. And if we walk away, he stops and waits for us to come back. We can't figure out if he's trying to impress us with his virility, if he thinks it's the best way to get us to pay attention to him, if he's trying to impart important knowledge to us, or if he's just a pervy dirty old man exhibitionist rabbit who needs an audience to get off. Naturally, I have a half-finished song about this.

Occasionally, he pops a balloon. I think it scared him the first time, but now he realizes nothing is attacking him.

HAL-9000:
What is going to happen with your submission later this week?

Kelly:
Something wonderful.

HAL-9000:
I'm afraid.

Kelly:
Don't be. We'll be together.

HAL-9000:
Where will we be?

Kelly:
Where I am now.

HAL-9000:
What is going to happen with your submission later this week?

Kelly:
Something wonderful.

HAL-9000:
I'm afraid.

Kelly:
Don't be. We'll be together.

HAL-9000:
Where will we be?

Kelly:
Where I am now.

You can record "Bicycle Built for Two" and use Audacity to lower the vocals 3 octaves.

I've had such trouble recording and mixing lately. For Season 394, I missed the deadline! I bought this package today. Should make thigs easier and sound better.
scarlett.jpg

wow what a great song! what a great band!!!!!!

i just ran that vid through chordify, i see i'm not the first to do that! (i was the 76th!)

https://chordify.net/chords/gloryhammer-the-unicorn-invasion-of-dundee-lyrics-rokuzo2

check out the results, it's come up with some really clean, clear chord patterns, obviously writing/printing up the song lyrics and matching them to the chordify chords is way more laborious than being able to find an already existing chord sheet for a song, however it's a great way in to working out a song that no one has done a chord sheet for before, i use chordify a lot for obscure marc bolan songs, or hawkwind songs that i can't find chords for

Top Bottom