Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Favourite thing I saw from NAMM was from Kanilea and went straight onto my 'if I won the lottery' list.

2020-Platinum-3-quarter-copy-510x765.jpg

https://www.kanileaukulele.com/shop/hawaiian-made-ukuleles/2020-platinum-limited-edition/

It might just be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

that video gives the best view I have seen for the white Jazzmaster. All the pics online I have seen had it in front of a white background. Makes it a bit tough for me to see it well.

it's DGBE, like a bari - but you can put any strings on and tune it to what you like, there are lots of other tenor guitar tunings, and i don't see why, with the right gauge strings, it couldn't be tuned GCEA? like a uke? the scale is 22 and 3/4 inches, shorter than a full size guitar, but a BIT longer than a bari uke - the DGBE strings off a light gauge guitar EADGBE set might tune up to GCEA very nicely

it's DGBE, like a bari - but you can put any strings on and tune it to what you like, there are lots of other tenor guitar tunings, and i don't see why, with the right gauge strings, it couldn't be tuned GCEA? like a uke? the scale is 22 and 3/4 inches, shorter than a full size guitar, but a BIT longer than a bari uke - the DGBE strings off a light gauge guitar EADGBE set might tune up to GCEA very nicely

I use the top 4 strings out of classical guitar sets on my tenor ukes that are tuned GCEA. So I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing on a tenor guitar.

i totally agree. worse case scenario is you might have to tune down a step or half a step or something for the strings to feel comfy, often i find you don't know quite what pitch steel strings will be happiest at, it sould be simple maths related to the scale length, but experience tells me it's more weird and random than that! but if you found you did have to tune down a bit, the answer, assuming you weren't happy with tuning down, would be to try a lighter gauge set

Top Bottom