Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

val, i think it was inevitable, however much mad fans like me wish it could still go ahead, people were talking about it maybe working with everyone contributing via video link, but sadly it was not to be :(

keith i think you mean :iwant: :iwant: :iwant:

At some of the stores near me, the cashiers always ask "Did you find everything you were looking for?" They aren't asking that this week.

LYNDA!!!! The Eurovision Song Contest has been cancelled!!!!

Iceland have been robbed. I was very close to putting £10 on them to win last week. It's a pity they couldn't have done it without getting everybody together in one place. Ah well, another reason to look forward to 2021.

So the other day I shared my EP and got a decent amount of listens plus a follow from Kelly (thanks), but it seems people listen to the first three songs then stop, which is annoying as in my opinion the last three are the better half of it.

Has anyone who has listened got any thoughts on whether I ought to change the song order at all?

as i understand it, lack of mods, not enough money, a very old system and software, and the security issues that result from that, are basically putting the UU forum on severely borrowed time. even if the problems of mods and money could be fixed, it might not be enough. i've signed up to discord and it's working ok in my browser - i haven't had to download anything. there is a seasons page set up for us there, with some chit chat already developing

I think we would need a new Channel each week, or all the Seasons would end up in one huge conversation. I have asked Ryan if this is possible. Even if they were set up in advance, we would need somebody to have the power to re-name them as the Season starts.

As far as the need for money goes, I am happy to pay a little each month, but the current VIP scheme gets a bit of bad press from people who say they can't cancel it easily. Patreon is another possibility which has been mentioned, and I know that is easy & flexible. I think Ryan will take all comments on board and may find another way through this.

I made a user profile and tried it out.
I dont see it working for creating the Seasons.
Perhaps if more takes place directly in YouTube... But it would not give the same sense of community imo.

discord, strife, conflict, contention, dissension, variance mean a state or condition marked by a lack of agreement or harmony. discord implies an intrinsic or essential lack of harmony producing quarreling, factiousness, or antagonism.
That doesn't sound anything like The Seasons..... :p;)

Del, Bruko Jim and I have been messing around in Discord, and it is less than ideal compared to this format. However, I think we are figuring out some work arounds. If you submit something for a season and use a hash tag, for example "#Season425" for my upcoming season, then you can search the thread for everything with that tag. Creating a separate thread for each season would be better, but if we could at least pin the current season OP to the top of the seasons thread then everyone would know what hash tag to use and have the links for the playlist, etc.

I'd say it might work better to move it to the Seasons page that Wendy set up on Facebook years ago, except that Facebook is making rumblings that it wants to revise its format. On Facebook, there could be a separate post for each Season (this has happened the last two weeks), with the submittals and discussions done as replies on that post.

Edit: To make clear, the posts on Facebook the last couple of weeks have been to coax out the temporary return of former Seasonistas who have moved on to gigging, but currently don't have venues to perform at. But this could be expanded.

Last edited:
Top Bottom