Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I read from one of Rick's posts some time ago about a multittacking app called Acapella. Am wondering if anyone know of other apps that can let me have multi videos on screen where i can actually multitrack as well?

I'd be interested to find an app like that too. At the moment what I do is record each track separately on video, leaving a gap at the start so they're all roughly the same length and I have time to come in. Then I extract the audio from them all and mix them in my recording software, before then queuing all the videos up in my video software and then adding the mixed audio on top. It can be quite fiddly and lengthy, so if there was an app where I could just record over the top of an existing video (and be able to hear the existing one as I'm doing it) that'd make things much easier

I'd be interested to find an app like that too. At the moment what I do is record each track separately on video, leaving a gap at the start so they're all roughly the same length and I have time to come in. Then I extract the audio from them all and mix them in my recording software, before then queuing all the videos up in my video software and then adding the mixed audio on top. It can be quite fiddly and lengthy, so if there was an app where I could just record over the top of an existing video (and be able to hear the existing one as I'm doing it) that'd make things much easier
You can do that with Accapella Ryan. You have to pay for the full app, but if memory serves, it’s not massive bucks. Once you’ve recorded your initial video, for each subsequent vid you need to wear earphones, but that’s ok. You can add reverb too.

I have used Acapella Joo, I don’t know of any others though. It’s Ok, fairly easy to use.
Yeah i just downloaded it and tried out! Easy as!

You can do that with Accapella Ryan. You have to pay for the full app, but if memory serves, it’s not massive bucks. Once you’ve recorded your initial video, for each subsequent vid you need to wear earphones, but that’s ok. You can add reverb too.
Wow thats great to know! Yeah the free version lets you make only 1-min videos. And you get that Acapella watermark. I guess you pay a little sum to upgrade to the full version.
I might try making an 1 min video first and see if i wanna upgrade. But yes Ryan it is a good and easy video app for multitracking! I saw that you are using another app for this week's entry for 444, looks pretty good!
Thanks John for the comment!

And wishing you all the best for your recovery, Jack!

Wow thats great to know! Yeah the free version lets you make only 1-min videos. And you get that Acapella watermark. I guess you pay a little sum to upgrade to the full version.
I might try making an 1 min video first and see if i wanna upgrade. But yes Ryan it is a good and easy video app for multitracking! I saw that you are using another app for this week's entry for 444, looks pretty good!

Used three or four different apps over two devices to do that video Joo! Might give Acapella a go at some point.

I will never have 3 grand to spend on a uke but god damn I want one of these beauties

orange6_1.jpg

Acapella is only for Apple isnt it,i couldnt see a android version :(

Best wishes to a speedy recovery Jack. Im so glad the family is enjoying their gifts and giving you the gift back by that knowledge.
Hang in there!

Does Acapella charge a subscription fee to use?
Very basic functionality is free with a subscription for "advanced" features like clips over a minute long. Some of the clones (like Joo's Android version) may be wholly free.

Bit of a plug here.

As I've mentioned a few times, the open mic I go to has managed to very successfully migrate online during Covid, and I've played quite a few sets with them of the last few months.

Well we're now starting to migrate back into the pub and I've got a spot for the first night back! It's gonna be experimental, mix of people in the pub and livestreaming from home. All sets are going to be streamed on their Facebook page and the home sets are going to be streamed in the pub which is cool.

It's all kicking off at 7:30 UK time Sunday at the link below, my set starting at 8:30, it would mean a lot if any of you were at a loose end and fancied giving it a watch. There's some super talented players lined up.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/14282769938/?ref=share

Well last night was a great success. My set was slightly ropey, my nerves took over and for some reason I decided not to play easy songs to compensate. Singing into a mic again took some getting used to as well.

We had a jam at the end of the night though which was chaotic but this one came out alright. Big shout out to my new Laney mini amp for being able to cut through the house PA.

Top Bottom