Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Does anyone have any tips for searching your videos in YT to see what you have posted before? I’m getting to the point that scrolling through the list on my channel or in YT creator is too cumbersome for avoiding repeats. Thanks in advance.
Hi Andy - in the YT Studio app for iPad there’s a search bar in the Videos section that will only look through your own vids - it’s really handy for exactly this reason. Not sure if it’s available on other platforms though. :)

yeah i can't find that search function on my android phone - only the main search all of youtube function - but on my windows laptop, if i'm on the "my videos" page or any of the "my studio" pages, the search box only searches in my vids. (other youtube pages give me the search all of youtube thing)

Does anyone have any tips for searching your videos in YT to see what you have posted before? I’m getting to the point that scrolling through the list on my channel or in YT creator is too cumbersome for avoiding repeats. Thanks in advance.

you can use the whole of youtube search - just type in the title of the song (or just some words contained in the title) and also type your youtube user name - i do it quite often as i can't remember what i've done

yeah i can't find that search function on my android phone - only the main search all of youtube function - but on my windows laptop, if i'm on the "my videos" page or any of the "my studio" pages, the search box only searches in my vids. (other youtube pages give me the search all of youtube thing)
On your Android phone are you in the YouTube app or the YT Studio app, which is separate? On my Android phone, in the YT Studio app Videos section there is a search function for my videos only. The only drawback of the YT Studio app is that you can see in the stats just how little time on average viewers spend watching your vids, which can be thoroughly depressing! :(

On your Android phone are you in the YouTube app or the YT Studio app, which is separate? On my Android phone, in the YT Studio app Videos section there is a search function for my videos only. The only drawback of the YT Studio app is that you can see in the stats just how little time on average viewers spend watching your vids, which can be thoroughly depressing! :(

lol!!!!!!! i'm just in the youtube app............. i didn't know there was a YT studio app, but mebbe i'll skip it, if it's just gonna be depressing!!

Brilliant, thanks Del, Lynda and Pa. I never caught the search function on the videos tab in YT creator (what I meant by studio). Also typical that YT is smart enough to search your own videos both from your own channel and from the main search. I had only ever tried just the song title in the main search but then always had to sort through everyone else's versions.

Merry Christmas Everyone and here's to looking forward to a New Year that can only get better xxx :cheers:

Last edited:
So a month ago, I had a teenager leave a comment on one of my videos from years ago "So f--king horrible". And the same guy came back to the same video a few days ago and left another comment "The worst performance I've ever seen!! :mad: :mad:" If he comes back again in another month, I may add a note in the video description warning viewers that it's the worst performance this guy's ever seen.

:smileybounce:

I just realized I didn't post my "Mix CD" playlist for 2020. I spend a lot of time every year listening to KEXP new music podcasts and checking out album releases on iTunes, because I'm addicted to songs and always looking for a new high. This is what it sounded like inside my head in 2020:

Creeper – Cyanide
PVRIS – Dead Weight
Declan McKenna – Beautiful Faces
Beabadoobee – Care
Adia Victoria – South Gotta Change
Tame Impala – Lost in Yesterday
Los Bitchos – The Link Is About to Die
Bonny Light Horsemen – The Roving
Acid Tongue – Bullies
Sad13 – WTD?
Holy **** – Free Gloss
Anjimile – Maker
MisterWives – Rock Bottom
Bartees Strange – Boomer
Drive-By Truckers – Armageddon’s Back in Town
Georgia – Started Out
Django Django – Glowing in the Dark
Winnetka Bowling League – CVS
AmaLee – Pre-Parade
Sault – Eternal Life

2020 Playlist

yup. started keys on that toy piano. about a year later I added the chord organ and now the digital. I still plan on playing the toy piano and organ when the song calls for those timbres.

Hi Seasonistas! I’ve been AWOL for a short time. We have downsized and moved to a smaller and more manageable place. Plus, I’m in the process of changing jobs. It’s all good. I’ll be back in the saddle soon, and will continue lurking and commenting.

Tally ho!

Top Bottom