Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Mother in law has just died at 94. non Covid related yet the governmets
has imposed rules that presciribe how mourners should greive.

[video]https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crh6naVfXQ3[/video]

If you do a Google Search for "Seasons of the Ukulele" and then click "images", who is the first Seasonista who appears in the pictures. Have a guess then find out here-> https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crh6naVfXQ3
Sorry, Joko - there is one you missed a little higher up! Look again! :)

just checking in everybody!

I spent almost two years learning to play the piano. Since I hate singing I wanted to be able to learn how to read treble clef and be able to play the voice melody on another instrument. I discovered that my piano skills are good enough now to be able to do this regularly.

Now I just have to work the rust off of my uke...

I've been watching a lot of anime over the last year and a half. The past couple of weeks, I've been watching the latest version of GeGeGe no Kitaro. There was an episode about tsukumogami, beloved possessions that eventually acquire a spirit and become living creatures -- and one of them was a ukulele.

Tsukumogami18_EP41-2.jpg

I may disappear suddenly over the next couple of days or weeks. The military junta in Myanmar has released it's 1200-name internet "Whitelist" today, but with no indication whether or not they're going to actually impose a whitelist.

What's a whitelist? You might think it's not as bad as a blacklist, but it's far worse. The open mic Zooms might be all you see of me. Zoom is on the whitelist. UkuleleUnderground.com most certainly is not.

What they military is threatening is to shutdown the internet for everyone from every ISP and only allow access to certain IPs that they find acceptable.

Facebook isnt. Neither is twitter, neither is any VPN service.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/M...nder-but-axes-dissent-havens-Twitter-Facebook

I may disappear suddenly over the next couple of days or weeks.

That's not good. Hope things improve, one way or another. Or you find a back-door into the outside world.

I have updated the Seasons list to include your request for season 500, but if things are still tricky in September, I'm sure someone else will jump in.

Hey guys, got some exciting news. I'm releasing my album at the end of June! It's going on Spotify/Amazon/Apple etc but when i released my single on their a few people told me they wanted a way to actually buy my music. So I've put it on Bandcamp to preorder as well, you get a digital copy that way but also if i have enough people preorder it I'll be doing a CD run, and those people who preorder will get a CD too.

Regardless, this album wouldn't have been written without you guys so i wanted to say thank you and share it here!

https://rabbukemusic.bandcamp.com/album/let-the-good-things-happen

The dislike button appears to have disappeared from YouTube. Is this a good or bad thing? Discuss...

I wonder if that is a community safety thing. I have all my alerts off anyway, so even if someone does take the time to dislike something I've done I'm not likely to see it anyway. I give this change a score of three and a half "meh"

is anyone else having trouble getting thumbnails to show up when uploading vids to youtube?

Yes, it has been doing that for me for a while, but I assumed it was because I was using an ancient browser. Sometimes the thumbnails show up and let me pick one, sometimes I get three blank squares and have to go for random.

Yes, it has been doing that for me for a while, but I assumed it was because I was using an ancient browser. Sometimes the thumbnails show up and let me pick one, sometimes I get three blank squares and have to go for random.

i'm on a pretty new mac using firefox - when i used safari it showed them - it is quite random - sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't and only started a few weeks ago- i googled it and it seems it may be a firefox thing

I'm on Firefox in Linux. A pretty recent version of Linux Mint.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't but mostly they don't. I've not tried alternative browsers so I can't say if it's a firefox thing or not. The default one will display on my YT channel or when I embed.

Another YouTube topic - I have just spotted this across the top of my page - "Important: as part of a security update, Unlisted videos uploaded before January 1, 2017 will be made Private starting on July 23, 2021. You have the option to opt out before that date "

It went on to give me options to see if I have any Unlisted videos from before that date, and I do, back in the days when I was a bit shy about making things public. There is also a form to fill in to opt out of this change...but when I clicked on Submit, nothing happened, so I might need to try again.

I haven't seen that at all Steve. Maybe I missed the window to have an option.

Did anyone ever see what the cause of the forum outage was earlier this week? If reason was given I missed that too...

I was sent an email about the pre 2017 videos going 'private' - maybe yours is in your spam box.

What I have been getting lately are lots more added adverts to the front of videos - most annoying - I may quit using Youtube altogether! :(

Top Bottom