Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Thanks Brian. When I look the ad comes on first..with the option to skip. Oh well..guess it’s their platform..wonder how the algorithm works to put an an ad on such a low view video. Must be the birds :)

Youtube recently changed their T&C, saying that they would start putting ads on videos regardless whether it's monetized or not. Apparently they meant it.

recently visited a clip of michael hermiston covering one of my songs and saw an ad there and he has not monetised
have not seen any on my channel yet
you got quite a few views quite quickly John - could have something to do with that?
given that they can just place ads on our stuff i looked at the monetisation option - i don't meet the view time criteria of 4000 hours per year

Is there a FAQ about what this seasonista thing is all about. There are many threads but I don't have a clue if this is for insiders or everyone...
it's for everyone!

check out the main index page for all the seasons threads...
sticky threads at the top of the page, scroll down a bit for the seasons threads themselves

current season is "wunderbar!", the thread is here...

oh i wonder will those links work??? this is my first time posting on the new forum system!

the current season runs to midnight on sunday hawaii time, that's late monday morning for me here in the UK. the new season will start (ie you can post your vids on it) from midnight saturday hawaii time (sunday is a strange overlap day when both the old and the new season run at the same time) and the theme for the new season goes up at tea time on saturday in the states, which is heading towards midnight for me in the UK, but people this side of the pond often post the theme a bit early.

grab a uke and join us!

Is there a FAQ about what this seasonista thing is all about. There are many threads but I don't have a clue if this is for insiders or everyone...
it's for anyone and everyone - there's a new theme every week and we are coming up to 500 weeks in a row - and it is not a competition either just a reason to bring a newly recorded song along
there will be a new theme introduced tomorrow

Last edited:
it's for anyone and everyone - there's a new theme every week and we are coming up to 500 weeks in a row - and it is not a competition either just a reason to bring a newly recorded song along
there will be a new theme introduced tomorrow
Thanks. I have a phone that can record videos. How can I get a video from that on to UU? I don't subscribe to any video sites and don't intend to do that, but I know how to post on Facebook.

Thanks. I have a phone that can record videos. How can I get a video from that on to UU? I don't subscribe to any video sites and don't intend to do that, but I know how to post on Facebook.
You upload it to Youtube.
From youtube you share by copying the link to the forum thread.
When making a post, the three dots gives you access to "more options", where you can shoose "Media". If you paste the link into that funktion you embed the video in your post.

When making a post, the three dots gives you access to "more options", where you can shoose "Media". If you paste the link into that funktion you embed the video in your post.
Thanks, I don't have a YouTube account and as I don't compose and have original music I only play covers. I understand that YouTube is enforcing copyright violations for people who upload music and don't hold the proper licenses to do this. So I am quite worried to do this and wonder if there is another way without going through third party. Can we post videos from Instagram or Facebook here?

If you have a google account, for Gmail or Android smartphone, this will work as a youtube account. You can set up a channel with a different name than your google account to keep it separated, but you log in with your Google account.
The video posted in the forum will be put on a playlist in YouTube, from where most people see it. I do anyway. That only works with youtube, though you may be able to embed videos from vimeo or other services in the post they cant make the playlist.
As to posting recordings of cover songs on youtube: There are a few copyright owners, like The Eagles, who will make youtube take is down and give you a warning. But for most songs nobody notices, and if the do they just put an advertisement on and send the money to the copyright owner. I posted more than 100 videos, had ads put on a handful, and never got a warning. So It is not something to worry about.

I remember that I signed up to vimeo some time ago so I found the app and recorded myself with the phone. It sounds terribly distorted but I posted it anyway in the wunderbar season. I think that figuring out how to edit videos to sound and look good will take a lot more effort than just playing the uke.

I remember that I signed up to vimeo some time ago so I found the app and recorded myself with the phone. It sounds terribly distorted but I posted it anyway in the wunderbar season. I think that figuring out how to edit videos to sound and look good will take a lot more effort than just playing the uke.
Cool. However, if the video is on Vimeo it cant get on the playlist. Most comments are on youtube and a lot of people only watch the videos on the playlist. So I suggest getting youtube going.
Here are lots of posts about audio and video production, also some in the audio video forum. A lot of people manage phone recordings that they are happy with. An external mic will improve sound. I record with a laptop, usb mic and a camera. It all depends what works for you.

Cool. However, if the video is on Vimeo it cant get on the playlist. Most comments are on youtube and a lot of people only watch the videos on the playlist. So I suggest getting youtube going.
Here are lots of posts about audio and video production, also some in the audio video forum. A lot of people manage phone recordings that they are happy with. An external mic will improve sound. I record with a laptop, usb mic and a camera. It all depends what works for you.
Thanks. I was able to share it from Vimeo to YouTube and then I changed the video embed on here. Will this then automatically be added to the list?

Thanks. I was able to share it from Vimeo to YouTube and then I changed the video embed on here. Will this then automatically be added to the list?
The host will click your video, click watch in youtube, then in youtube click add to playlist. So if you can watch it on youtube and there is an add to playlist option, then it should work.
It is not automated though.

Copy of Vintage Sepia Gig Concert Instagram Story Ad - Made with PosterMyWall.jpg
Woodstock Ukulele Studio (6305 SE 46th Ave, Portland Oregon) will be presenting an in person and ZOOM concert at 7pm (west coast usa time) on September 12. The driveway at Woodstock Ukulele Studio holds at least 40 people (even with distancing)

If you come to see the show, please arrive by 6:55, and bring a folding chair. Park on 46th or 45th. There is a bathroom facility. The show will be approximately 75 minutes.

To watch on ZOOM - join meeting number 622 972 7495 with password "WOODSTOCK" The session will begin at approximately 6:55, the show at approximately 7:05.

The event is free, but paypal donations to ferglow@comcast.net are welcomed!

The players: Brian Fergus and Borfus Wallaby of UkeFoote are joined by Andrew Morse for a concert of eclectic solo and ensemble ukulele music.

email Brian Fergus at ferglow@comcast.net for more information

Top Bottom