Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I had no idea where to post this - I didn't want to cast a pall over John's excellent week; but this isn't yakking and joshing either. My very dear husband, who, some of you may be aware, had a serious fall a few weeks ago, died at home this morning. This was very sudden and unexpected and I am trying to come to terms with it. For obvious reasons, I won´t be around on The Seasons for a bit. But I WILL be back - I really appreciate the camaraderie which our group engenders. Meanwhile, my love to you all. X
What a terrible thing to happen... I hope you find solace and comfort from your near and dear ones... family to help and support in a time of sadness . So sorry for your loss Val. Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.

Last edited:
I had no idea where to post this - I didn't want to cast a pall over John's excellent week; but this isn't yakking and joshing either. My very dear husband, who, some of you may be aware, had a serious fall a few weeks ago, died at home this morning. This was very sudden and unexpected and I am trying to come to terms with it. For obvious reasons, I won´t be around on The Seasons for a bit. But I WILL be back - I really appreciate the camaraderie which our group engenders. Meanwhile, my love to you all. X
What a terrible shock - so very sorry to hear this, Val! Please accept my sincerest condolences.

So sorry to hear this Val. Sending all positive thoughts to you and your family, and look forward to seeing you here when you are ready.

Very many thanks, Steve ... I'll be back!
YES!!! (I am doing your trademark exclamation mark, and many of them, for you, Val.<3)
Playing music helps, and maybe even more so when you share it with us. We are here, anytime, for you.

YES!!! (I am doing your trademark exclamation mark, and many of them, for you, Val.<3)
Playing music helps, and maybe even more so when you share it with us. We are here, anytime, for you.
Very many thanks, Joo! Oh, dear ... am I world-famous for my exclamation marks? I hear what you are saying and I promise to be back as soon as I feel able. <3

Reactions: joo
I've been sitting on this thought for a while now but I've gotten repeated comments that I should sing in my entries.

But you may as well be asking me to play bassoon since voice is not really my instrument of choice. And I arrange my entries the way I want to play them.

I highly doubt anyone wants to hear me sing off key and out of time...

Secondly, some of you might be thinking that the use of backing tracks might be considered cheating...I use them occasionally to a) stay on key and b) stay on time....it gets difficult to put 5 or 6 individual parts of music together if one of those isn't right.

And is it really cheating if I'm having to spend hours, sometimes days, learning multiple parts vs me singing and strumming for a half an hour?

I know you all mean well, but I participate in the Seasons to improve my playing. I choose the instruments I use for a reason. Please respect that.
Your vids are great Arvin. Keep on doing it your way. Ignore anyone who criticises you for it 👍

Val, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself. We'll be here when you're ready to come back.

Val, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself. We'll be here when you're ready to come back.
Very many thanks! (Sorry ... I've only just seen your kind words.)

Hello again, my dear Seasonista friends! I feel that I have cast a pall over this thread by making my announcement last week. I am SO grateful for all the kind words that have been forthcoming ... they are so appreciated! I am lucky enough to have a couple of particularly good friends on here who have gone out of their way to be unbelievably supportive ... but you have ALL been supportive. I think that is why I felt I needed to post my news on here ... I consider you Family. The worst is over now - these things are treated with indecent haste here in France. I may return to you rather more quickly than perhaps I should - the Forum has been my sort of "escape mechanism;" since Harry hasn't been in the best of health for a while and I have spent a lot of time in "carer mode;" and, even now, I miss it!

What I need to say, is that I want you all to feel free to start posting "normal" stuff on this thread again, and I shall enjoy with the rest of you, reading of the exploits of my friends here when they are doing things other than playing the uke. So, please, let's get back to normal; I need to be cheered up.

With my love to you All xo

Last edited:
Top Bottom