Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I had no idea where to post this - I didn't want to cast a pall over John's excellent week; but this isn't yakking and joshing either. My very dear husband, who, some of you may be aware, had a serious fall a few weeks ago, died at home this morning. This was very sudden and unexpected and I am trying to come to terms with it. For obvious reasons, I won´t be around on The Seasons for a bit. But I WILL be back - I really appreciate the camaraderie which our group engenders. Meanwhile, my love to you all. X
Val, I am so terribly sorry to hear about your loss. You are in my thoughts.

I had no idea where to post this - I didn't want to cast a pall over John's excellent week; but this isn't yakking and joshing either. My very dear husband, who, some of you may be aware, had a serious fall a few weeks ago, died at home this morning. This was very sudden and unexpected and I am trying to come to terms with it. For obvious reasons, I won´t be around on The Seasons for a bit. But I WILL be back - I really appreciate the camaraderie which our group engenders. Meanwhile, my love to you all. X
I've only just seen this. Val, I'm so sorry. My condolences to you and your family.

Along with playing ukulele, one of my hobbies is constantly looking for new songs to fall in love with. And every year I make a "mix CD" playlist of my favorite songs of the year. This is what it sounded like inside my head in 2022.

My 2022 Playlist

Wet Leg – Wet Dream
Ibibio Sound Machine – Electricity
Tears for Fears – No Small Thing
Danger Mouse & Black Thought – Aquamarine
Otyken – My Wing (Furton Music Remix)
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever – The Way It Shatters
Beach House – Once Twice Melody
Melody’s Echo Chamber – Where the Water Clears the Illusion
Drive-By Truckers – Welcome 2 Club XIII
Dijon – Talk Down
Stone Gossard & Ani DiFranco – Disorders
Verdens Sidste Idé – Marianne
Pom Pom Squad – Popular
Yard Act – The Overload
Elizabeth M. Drummond – Crisis
Porcupine Tree – Never Have
Jordana & TV Girl – Jump the Turnstile
Su Sunying – Not to Say

Along with playing ukulele, one of my hobbies is constantly looking for new songs to fall in love with. And every year I make a "mix CD" playlist of my favorite songs of the year. This is what it sounded like inside my head in 2022.

My 2022 Playlist

Wet Leg – Wet Dream
Ibibio Sound Machine – Electricity
Tears for Fears – No Small Thing
Danger Mouse & Black Thought – Aquamarine
Otyken – My Wing (Furton Music Remix)
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever – The Way It Shatters
Beach House – Once Twice Melody
Melody’s Echo Chamber – Where the Water Clears the Illusion
Drive-By Truckers – Welcome 2 Club XIII
Dijon – Talk Down
Stone Gossard & Ani DiFranco – Disorders
Verdens Sidste Idé – Marianne
Pom Pom Squad – Popular
Yard Act – The Overload
Elizabeth M. Drummond – Crisis
Porcupine Tree – Never Have
Jordana & TV Girl – Jump the Turnstile
Su Sunying – Not to Say
as usual jim, i've heard of none of these people,
but i'm grateful you share your end of year lists here mate.
you've introduced me to a number of musicians i would not
have otherwise heard of and widened my ears.

Has anyone heard from Christopher Fonda and Liz? I haven't seen them in a while. I hope they're doing well

Top Bottom