Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

RIP Les Barker poet

never accept a drink from a urologist.

borrow from pessimists they never expected it back.

remember it is always dark before the dawn... that is the time to steal your neighbor's newspaper

I've only recently learned about Les Barker (I think it was Berni who suggested I'd like his work). I've watched this video this evening and it's brilliant. Definitely appeals to my sense of humour! RIP

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Reactions: joo
Hello everyone,

I have been pretty scarce for several years now, but life changed back in November. Our youngest son who is 17, with Down syndrome, suffered a massive abdominal infection the week of Thanksgiving here in the US. He’s had a colostomy since birth, and a perforated bowel was the cause of his infection.

It was touch and go for a few days, but he got through.

Sadly, while still recovering, he came down with a rare form of Guillain Barre, and has lost the use of his arms and legs. It is possible he may fully recover, but no certainty on that. It will be, at best, a very long recovery.

He is still in the hospital. He is still on light ventilator support. Hopefully he will transfer to a rehab facility, then eventually home. He has a tracheostomy, and may need that for a year or so.

I appreciate all the kindness you folks have shown me over the years. I’m sorry for all the details, but it does help to write them out now and again.

My music writing and recording hasn’t stopped, but has slowed down very much. I don’t imagine I could ever put anything together in a weeks time for a season for the foreseeable future.

All prayers and well wishes are appreciated! I’m pretty worn down, but still optimistic about our son, and grateful for the blessings he has brought to our lives.

I’m grateful for the blessings you seasonistas have been in my life! I’m a better songwriter and better person than I was before joining in back around 2016 or late 2015.

Grace and peace to you all.

🙂🙏

Hello everyone,

I have been pretty scarce for several years now, but life changed back in November. Our youngest son who is 17, with Down syndrome, suffered a massive abdominal infection the week of Thanksgiving here in the US. He’s had a colostomy since birth, and a perforated bowel was the cause of his infection.

Sadly, while still recovering, he came down with a rare form of Guillain Barre, and has lost the use of his arms and legs. It is possible he may fully recover, but no certainty on that. It will be, at best, a very long recovery.

He is still in the hospital. He is still on light ventilator support. Hopefully he will transfer to a rehab facility, then eventually home. He has a tracheostomy, and may need that for a year or so.

I appreciate all the kindness you folks have shown me over the years. I’m sorry for all the details, but it does help to write them out now and again.

My music writing and recording hasn’t stopped, but has slowed down very much. I don’t imagine I could ever put anything together in a weeks time for a season for the foreseeable future.

All prayers and well wishes are appreciated! I’m pretty worn down, but still optimistic about our son, and grateful for the blessings he has brought to our lives.

I’m grateful for the blessings you seasonistas have been in my life! I’m a better songwriter and better person than I was before joining in back around 2016 or late 2015.

🙂🙏
What a terrible time you’ve all been through, I’m so sorry. Sending very best wishes for the future.

Hello everyone,

🙂🙏
So very sorry to hear this, Tom - I’m not a religious man, but if I were I’d be praying hard for you right now! My best wishes to you all, matey!

Ren Hi Ren
Epic 9 minute Mental Heath song... over 4 million views in one month... a devil on one shoulder an angel on the other... Golum and Smeagol... worthlessness and worth... hope and redemption... dark and light. Words can not describe it... it has to be experianced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom