Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

PROUD GRANDMA HERE!!! Youngest Grandson has just won a music scholarship to his senior school; he obviously takes after his Grandmother ... ah hem!
You'll have to get a greenhouse now. Glasshouse....ummm sort of thing ....

323918832_1817806401931274_3074189608969010855_n.jpg

PROUD GRANDMA HERE!!! Youngest Grandson has just won a music scholarship to his senior school; he obviously takes after his Grandmother ... ah hem!
Congratulations, Lil. I hope he turns out to be a great musician.

Evening all!

For those who aren’t aware, every Saturday for the last 3 years we’ve had a live online open mic session for Seasonistas, hosted on Zoom currently by either Brian Fergus (ukefoote) or Ila (they usually alternate weeks). There are about a dozen of us who regularly attend and some who pop in occasionally - we each play a song of our choice in turn and listen and comment on each other’s performances. This is interspersed by some general chat and banter - it’s very friendly, and a lovely way to spend a couple of hours.

These sessions have traditionally started at 8.30pm UK time, but we are aware that this isn’t a particularly good time for those Seasonistas who live in Asia and Australia. So we have recently talked about the possibility of doing maybe one Zoom session per month with a start time 3 hours later (ie 11.30pm UK time) to make it more convenient for others to ‘attend’.

So what we really need to know is whether there are many of you out there that would be more likely to join in if we did occasionally change the time to accommodate you. We’re planning a trial session soon (date to be confirmed), but in the meantime, please express your interest by replying here (or by PM if you’d prefer).

Thanks! :)

100 photographs made into a song. what a wonderful idea to a season... take 12 of your best loved photographs and make a song out of them.

Last edited:
Evening all!

For those who aren’t aware, every Saturday for the last 3 years we’ve had a live online open mic session for Seasonistas, hosted on Zoom currently by either Brian Fergus (ukefoote) or Ila (they usually alternate weeks). There are about a dozen of us who regularly attend and some who pop in occasionally - we each play a song of our choice in turn and listen and comment on each other’s performances. This is interspersed by some general chat and banter - it’s very friendly, and a lovely way to spend a couple of hours.

These sessions have traditionally started at 8.30pm UK time, but we are aware that this isn’t a particularly good time for those Seasonistas who live in Asia and Australia. So we have recently talked about the possibility of doing maybe one Zoom session per month with a start time 3 hours later (ie 11.30pm UK time) to make it more convenient for others to ‘attend’.

So what we really need to know is whether there are many of you out there that would be more likely to join in if we did occasionally change the time to accommodate you. We’re planning a trial session soon (date to be confirmed), but in the meantime, please express your interest by replying here (or by PM if you’d prefer).

yeah I would love to join in at that time. It will be 7.30AM for me( I think). I am usually busy in the mornings (cat, housework) but I think I can do it once a month.

Evening all!

This sounds like 30 minutes past midnight my time ... hmmm!

This sounds like 30 minutes past midnight my time ... hmmm!
But… the usual starting time is, by my calculations, 9.30pm for you Val. It would only be the later time once per month for those much further east to join in - and only then if there is enough demand.

yeah I would love to join in at that time. It will be 7.30AM for me( I think). I am usually busy in the mornings (cat, housework) but I think I can do it once a month.
That’s great, Joo! :)

THat would be 6 am here in Mandalay, Myanmar. I don't think I'd have any problems staying up that late.
😆😆😆 For those who don’t know, Joko is one of our most dedicated ‘regulars’ at the Zoom sessions, but has to stay up or wake up at about 3am in Myanmar to join in! We do sometimes witness him understandably falling off to sleep during the sessions! Another good reason for an occasional change of timing! 🙂

Evening all!

Gday Del, I might like to pop into the zoom sometime just to say hello. So the “ friendly” time could be good for me.

Cheers John.

Top Bottom