Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Thank you so much for sharing Lisa's poems with us, Laurie.
I am sorry to read about her father.
I just read her 2 poems you have attached here.

My father told me, when he was still able to talk, that he saw birds in his room, or outside his window.
It wasn't possible for a bird to get into his room. Like Lisa, who saw the reflections of leaves and branches on her car window, when her father saw birds instead, I did not try to disagree or correct my father.

I have always liked birds and think they are special messengers from some higher power, sent to tell us something important we need to know.

When I drive back home, I take the birds with me. Lisa wrote.

I can relate to that.
I still carry the birds my father saw when he was sick, in my heart.
I hope they will fly free one day soon.

Please tell Lisa a big THANK YOU for sharing her poems with us.
And thank you, Laurie, for caring.
My best wishes and love to you both.
Thank you so much, Joo ❤️

Reactions: joo
Ylle's season reminds me of lots of great music I love that relate to Japan one way or another.
This one is from a 4-CD album that I listened to a lot about 10 years ago. Just listened to it and it moved me to tears. So much joy and beauty and sadness and everything.
John Coltrane live in Tokyo 57 years ago this same month.
Here is an excerpt.

"A propos" of nothing, it occurs to me that I am not a very good "cat mother" .... perhaps it has something to do with always having had dogs in the past. The night before last, Junior Cat fell out of the bedroom window at about midnight - I was vaguely aware of a sound like a cat falling out of a window, but since I was almost asleep, I told myself it couldn't be happening. I found said cat - fortunately unscathed - sitting outside the kitchen window when I came downstairs in the morning. And, last night, I managed to shut Senior Cat out of the house altogether until I woke up at about 3.00 a.m. to discover she was not on the bed - her usual position - and came down to the lounge to find her staring at me through the window. I PROMISE TO DO BETTER TONIGHT!

Screenshot 2023-06-28 10.21.43.png JUNIOR CAT 20230425_084557.jpg SENIOR CAT

Last edited:
And, oh dear .... it's me again! I seem to be monopolising this thread, for which I can only apologise. (My normal lines of communication are currently not working!) I had forgotten how completely inexhaustible Tom, my younger son, is! Since his and his children's arrival here late on Tuesday afternoon, the lounge has been turned into some sort of concert hall rehearsal room, with instruments everywhere and very little room to sit down and he has set up a music studio at the end of the kitchen table, where he is currently in the throes of composition and I am forbidden from unplugging his computer. This means that eating space is somewhat limited. The cats have abandoned ship and are only returning late at night when everyone has gone to bed and the noise has ceased and I am currently typing this in the garden, where there is not a ukulele, guitar, drum kit or any other musical instrument in sight! (Not only that, but I was forced to sit through "The Dark Knight" yesterday evening!) I am, of course, enjoying their company enormously!

Attachments

• 20230713_163025.jpg
    20230713_163025.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230713_163044.jpg
    20230713_163044.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I had a gig catastrophe today. No one will ever hear how I poured my heart and soul into the story of meatballs...

And it's ME AGAIN!!! Ye gods ... WHEN is this woman going to stop!!! Actually, the "St. Trinian's" school video has been temporarily withdrawn as it has been discovered that two Year Six French (???) girls illegally infiltrated the film and their permission has yet to be sought! SO, I bring you herewith, my most amazing and industrious son clearing our very overgrown veggie garden, which has been neglected for at least the last three years ... the boy is a hero; and a VERY fast worker!

Last edited:
And it's ME AGAIN!!! Ye gods ... WHEN is this woman going to stop!!! Actually, the "St. Trinian's" school video has been temporarily withdrawn as it has been discovered that two Year Six French (???) girls illegally infiltrated the film and their permission has yet to be sought! SO, I bring you herewith, my most amazing and industrious son clearing our very overgrown veggie garden, which has been neglected for at least the last three years ... the boy is a hero; and a VERY fast worker!

It is amazing what you find in the undergrowth... a water butt.

I’ve just posted my first ever seasons entry…gulp. So I suppose I’m now a Seasonista! Is there a special badge?
Mostly what happens, as far as I can tell, is you can't resist posting again and again and again. I hope that is just as good as a badge :). I'm looking forward to hearing more!

Top Bottom