Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

You are no doubt correct, Joo ... I traumatised my cat by taking her to the Vet's; in a CAR, of all things! Mr T must be a very self-assured cat to sleep like that in public! (Oh, dear ... I think we might be guilty of turning this esteemed Forum into some sort of ersatz version of Facebook - my fault - all those cat pictures! We'll be posting photos of what we had for dinner next.)

Last edited:
if you're interested in talent and musicianship you may enjoy checking out larkin poe - a duo of sisters who don't need lots of production to sound good - i really enjoyed their covers - needless to say their originals shine equally well

Maggie and I went to the Mariposa Folk Festival a few years back and at every festival it seems we always discover a super performer or group that we'd never heard of. Larkin Poe was our discovery that year. We almost took a supper break during their set, but decided to listen to a song or two. Needless to say we remained for their whole set. They blew our socks off (or they would've if we'd been wearing any.)
It was the first time I'd seen anyone play a lap steel standing with a strap.

Last edited:
I bought a pack of thin sliced ham for sandwiches. It was good. When it was gone, I was left with a thin tupperware type plastic container. My Kmise baritone uke has a couple of bad spots on the spruce top. One from aggressively chucking incorrectly, and one from a burning incident at a local pub. The lid of the ham container was about the same thickness as a pickguard. I cut it with scissors, sanded it a bit, warmed it flat as I could by setting a hot tea kettle on it for about ten minutes, sprayed the correct side(this time) with Locktite adhesive spray, and placed it on the uke. It's blue though. I think ham should come in black packaging.20231122_122557.jpg

I think i have worked out why some of our YouTube comments are not showing up.
I think when you link something in your comment, even if it is another YouTube video, YouTube automatically HIDES that comment. I am guessing it is to protect the user, in case the link contains "undesirable" stuff. (sorry I dunno what other way to describe it. Spam?)

anyway, I wanna show you all 3 images here. Screenshots of a video of mine where I played a Phil Ochs song.
A comment by Robert @ukukeguy is not showing up.

Screenshot (29).png

BUT, if i go to the top of the comments section, and click on SORT COMMENTS, and select NEWEST FIRST :
Screenshot (30).png

Voila! His comment shows up. Notice that Robert (JollyTunes) had linked something there? Yeah. This has happened before and that's why i figured it is the link you attach that is making YT hides your comment.

Screenshot (28).png

Your friendly Info Tech assistant.
PS. yes, it is 30 degrees Celsius here. Welcome to Singapore.

THE PEASANTS HERE IN FRANCE ARE REVOLTING! Well, actually, it's the Young Farmers, who are turning all the signs at the entry to towns/villages upside down. I first noticed it here a couple of weeks ago; and thought, first of all, that it was just some local young twits, since it reminded me of a time when my teenage sons used to absentmindedly pull the cats' eyes out of the middle of the road on their way back up the hill from the local pub ... but NO this is a nationwide protest - and the French DO like to protest! Apparently, French farmers are inflamed because they feel they are being subjected to regulations not applied to farmers in other countries whose products are imported. If you find this intriguing, here is an explanatory article https://www.connexionfrance.com/art...-town-road-signs-are-being-turned-upside-down Meanwhile, we shall all have to learn to read upside down!
TELEMMGLPICT000357737275_17008583354940_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqHaZ8JMGQ_nOZ1URPL9FaE0ikPYR0xYwuEBL...jpeg

Last edited:
I have just read this curious fact in "Le Monde" ... and actually, it's the same in the UK, with at least two channels devoted to Christmas films since what seems like about the beginning of September. Me ... I steer clear of ALL Christmas films unless it's "Miracle on 34th Street" (the original version) or "It's A Wonderful Life." BAH .. HUMBUG!!!
Screenshot 2023-12-21 07.29.32.png

Top Bottom