Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I guess I should have explained about my bell. Yesterday I answered all that was in my bell. You know....maybe 5 things. Clicked out and when I returned an hour later my bell was lit up with a red 99. There was no way I had 99 notifications but in my bell there were repeats of loads of things from the past and its still doing it.

Weird!

The bell is dead on mine. It doesn't show anything anymore. But I never used it anyway. I just go to "community" and look at the comments. I haven't been getting email notifications either. Youtube broke itself again.

The bell is dead on mine. It doesn't show anything anymore. But I never used it anyway. I just go to "community" and look at the comments. I haven't been getting email notifications either. Youtube broke itself again.

That's the problem I'm having too. The bell doesn't show anything in YouTube but the red circle on Google.com still lights up if I have a YouTube notification.

Don't know about the YT bell, but I do know I keep having problems trying to post comments on videos this past couple of days! :mad:

If the video is paused then you can get this problem.
Hit the play button and try to resubmit.
It works for me.

I guess I should have explained about my bell. Yesterday I answered all that was in my bell. You know....maybe 5 things. Clicked out and when I returned an hour later my bell was lit up with a red 99. There was no way I had 99 notifications but in my bell there were repeats of loads of things from the past and its still doing it.

Weird!

Had the same thing happen to me with Chrome.
Could not get rid of the notifications.
Changed to Opera and everything works fine,

I've never seen two robin 'red breasts' that didn't fight, so it is just too weird to imagine them feeding each other!

But what's so wrong about peace love and understanding.
What we have here is a subliminal message.

The photographer (Mehmet Genç) took photos of some indigenous people.
He took one photo and then said You are so beautiful then took a new
photo to record their reaction. Check out the photos and try it for yourselves.

You are so beautiful

Happy Christmas everyone!! Will be back here in the new year when the never-ending colds I've been having finally (I hope) go! Hope you're all having a good one and thinking of those of you who've lost someone close to you this year hugs and kisses from Ireland.

Here's my mix-CD playlist for 2016. This is what it sounded like inside my head this year.

Maybird - Turning Into Water
Yeasayer - I Am Chemistry
Lucius - Madness
The Jayhawks - Quiet Corners & Empty Spaces
The Wind and the Wave - Grand Canyon
AHNONI - 4 Degrees
Aesop Rock - Blood Sandwich
M83 - Go!
Charles Bradley - Change for the World
Wild Belle - Dreamland
Drive-By Truckers - Surrender Under Protest
Imarhan - Tahabort
Joseph - White Flag
The Strokes - Oblivius
Sleigh Bells - I Can Only Stare
Death by Unga Bunga - Best Friends
Speedy Ortiz - Death Note
Quilt - Eliot St.
PJ Harvey - The Wheel

2016 Playlist

Here's my mix-CD playlist for 2016. This is what it sounded like inside my head this year.

Maybird - Turning Into Water
Yeasayer - I Am Chemistry
Lucius - Madness
The Jayhawks - Quiet Corners & Empty Spaces
The Wind and the Wave - Grand Canyon
AHNONI - 4 Degrees
Aesop Rock - Blood Sandwich
M83 - Go!
Charles Bradley - Change for the World
Wild Belle - Dreamland
Drive-By Truckers - Surrender Under Protest
Imarhan - Tahabort
Joseph - White Flag
The Strokes - Oblivius
Sleigh Bells - I Can Only Stare
Death by Unga Bunga - Best Friends
Speedy Ortiz - Death Note
Quilt - Eliot St.
PJ Harvey - The Wheel

2016 Playlist

Of those you listed only 2 bands (Strokes & PJ Harvey) I am familiar with and have actually heard a few of their songs, so thank you for this my ears are getting bored and I crave new sounds, and now, thanks to you, I have some new music to go listen to. A gift here indeed. :)

Having been unable to come up with anything good for this season, I've been really enjoying playing with some instrumentals. I really hope I have a chance to play them for a season at some time soon because there is one in particular that I've got sounding really good.

I am out of commission because of this nasty blood blister! I don't know what to do without playing my ukes! That's like taking away my therapy.
IMG_2706.jpg

I am out of commission because of this nasty blood blister! I don't know what to do without playing my ukes! That's like taking away my therapy.
View attachment 96686

it's been my experience that when I had a similar injury, if you wrap an ice cube with a paper towel, and press your fingertip against it, and keep it there until the ice cube is all but completely melted, the blister will shrink (due to the capillaries and swelling constricting from the cold) and will usually heal much faster. Repeat as necessary until healed. At least once per day. Yes the ice hurts from the cold for about the first 5 mins, but after that it is numb.

I can sympathize with you, since this morning, my fingernail on my middle finger of my right hand (strumming and plucking hand) just got split and torn off down to the quick (nail-bed pre-fingertip), and now I am severely handicapped to play since I do NOT use fingerpicks, flatpicks nor fake nails, and 90% of my technique is based upon using my natural nails. To me, all of that is like trying to taste food through a plastic bag over your tongue.

So now I have to wait about 3 weeks for it to grow back enough, and in the meantime everything I play sounds and feels retarded like I am a rank beginner all over again, and is IMMENSELY frustrating that the uke under fingerpads is just a crappy experience for me, it's almost not even worth it for me to play.

VERY VERY frustrated. I feel like I want to got to Toys'R'Us and get one of those $20 Mickey Mouse soprano ukes, just so I can smash it to bits like Pete Townsend of The Who used to do with his guitars. :(

Get well soon brother - hope it heals fast!

Last edited:
Top Bottom