Another new word game... connected words

Actually, in this game, the first word of someone’s response should be the last word in the previous response.

Brian said “Funky Monkey”, so my response is:

Monkey Exhibit
Actually, I don't think that's true. Here's the rule, as stated in the first post in this thread:
"Popular phrases, Such as...can go before or after previous word." In all of the examples given in the first post, the second word of a phrase was the first word of the next phrase, but the rule is sufficiently ambiguous that it doesn't appear to require it. When mmstan started this thread, I asked him what the difference was between his word game and "Two Words with a Twist," the word game I had started a little while earlier (in which one can use either word from a previous phrase as either word in the next phrase), and he acknowledged that there wasn't a difference.

There was, when I started "Two Words with a Twist," another word game in which the second word of a phrase had to be the first word of the next phrase, but I can't remember the name of it and I think people just stopped participating in that thread. If someone wants to find that thread, or start a new one with that rule in it, that would be cool. The "second word of a phrase must be the first word of the next phrase" rule makes the game a little more challenging.

Jan D said:
Actually, in this game, the first word of someone’s response should be the last word in the previous response.

Brian said “Funky Monkey”, so my response is:

Monkey Exhibit

Actually, I don't think that's true. Here's the rule, as stated in the first post in this thread:
"Popular phrases, Such as...can go before or after previous word." In all of the examples given in the first post, the second word of a phrase was the first word of the next phrase, but the rule is sufficiently ambiguous that it doesn't appear to require it. When mmstan started this thread, I asked him what the difference was between his word game and "Two Words with a Twist," the word game I had started a little while earlier (in which one can use either word from a previous phrase as either word in the next phrase), and he acknowledged that there wasn't a difference.

There was, when I started "Two Words with a Twist," another word game in which the second word of a phrase had to be the first word of the next phrase, but I can't remember the name of it and I think people just stopped participating in that thread. If someone wants to find that thread, or start a new one with that rule in it, that would be cool. The "second word of a phrase must be the first word of the next phrase" rule makes the game a little more challenging.
My Brain Hurts. 🙃 😆😉

Jan D said:
Actually, in this game, etc, etc

My Brain Hurts. 🙃 😆😉

So does mine now. :)

Thanks for the clarification, mds725. I always assumed the multiple examples in mmstan’s first post of this thread were representative of how the game was supposed to be played. My apologies for creating any confusion.
Ok, back to the game ...

Dinner Party

So does mine now. :)

Thanks for the clarification, mds725. I always assumed the multiple examples in mmstan’s first post of this thread were representative of how the game was supposed to be played. My apologies for creating any confusion.
Ok, back to the game ...
I didn't know that either.

Party Hat

Hat Head

Top Bottom