Safari Users...

ukuleleden

Reaction score
This may not be news to some, but if it helps just one UU user here, than the post is worth it.

I had had been stumped why every time I returned to the UU site after logging in that I was being logged out. I had the Safari Settings set to accept cookies from visited sites, but still was being logged out.

After a little googling, I Found the culprit to be that I had the "PRIVATE" setting activated for any new window or tab being opened which cleared out any cookies stored after a window or tab was closed, or new window or tab was opened.

After turning off Private browsing, the log-in (I.e. Cookie) now remains. Again, probably not news to many, but if you are a safari user and had or run into this problem, check to make sure you turn off Private browsing...

That goes for Safari on the Mac and on the iPhone, where I had the same thing happen recently.

There was one newspaper, The Telegraph, that would only let you view a few items per month without paying. Thinking about that I tried using private browsing and it worked, I could read as many items as I liked. Haven't tried lately though.

Top Bottom