In need of musician to make clean professional recordings of my songs, can you help?

Yulka Lele

Reaction score
Hi I'm Julka (pronounced Yulka) I play and LOVE my little Lanikai Ukuleles so much that I've made quite a few songs. My problem is that I'm just not good enough to record a perfect on tempo track I live in Warsaw, Poland and haven't had much luck finding Ukulele players here to record with so I would like to ask your for help. If anyone here knows of a service like what i need or has the ability to play and record my music on a professional track I would be delighted to hear from you

I'm new to Ukulele underground but I recognize the name from Youtube.

These recordings were made on the locations on a H4N recorder (as you can hear, i need a little help :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRRocl_Fmk4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4h-Sj4LkiQ

hope you enjoy

Check back soon, THANKS,

-Yulka xxx

In all honesty, you sound very good and the recordings aren't bad. If you want a professional recording, I would look into booking some recording time in a studio and perform your songs there. You have a great voice and sound, so I would go this route instead of having someone else perform/record it.

I second what OBM has said. If that's you singing and playing in the videos, I think you have a beautiful tone to your voice, you have good pitch control, good breath control and the phrasing seems effortless, and your ukulele playing is wonderful.

I believe you have true natural talent and I would not hesitate to buy your CD or your songs from iTunes or Amazon. I like your music a lot. You should be proud of yourself, Yulka.

What do you want to do with your songs beyond these videos?

[edit to add] Your recordings as they are show an honesty, intimacy, authenticity, and vulnerability that really draws me in, and has me consumed and wanting more. I'm sure others would appreciate these humble recordings and enjoy your music too.

Last edited:
I third it. I don't normally listen to many recording all the way thru. Yours I listened all the way thru more than once. Beautiful voice, playing and video. Very professional1 Dang, if I wrote songs, I'd want you to sing them.

Really? Im so flattered :) Thanks for the encouragement guys, i guess ill just hit the studio and "lay it down" ;-)
My goal is to record an album, i have about 15 songs ready to go and honestly i really love the newest ones :) I'm hoping to set up some arraignments to go along with my Uke and Guitar songs, i WAS even planning on letting a pro take the reigns on Ukulele and guitar while i focus on singing.

here's another question: What instruments go well with the Ukulele in my kind of songs? I'm thinking stand up bass, light percussion, piano and maybe even a violin. any thoughts?

-Yulka xxx

Really? Im so flattered :) Thanks for the encouragement guys, i guess ill just hit the studio and "lay it down" ;-)
My goal is to record an album, i have about 15 songs ready to go and honestly i really love the newest ones :) I'm hoping to set up some arraignments to go along with my Uke and Guitar songs, i WAS even planning on letting a pro take the reigns on Ukulele and guitar while i focus on singing.

here's another question: What instruments go well with the Ukulele in my kind of songs? I'm thinking stand up bass, light percussion, piano and maybe even a violin. any thoughts?

-Yulka xxx

Depends what your target genre and market is for the music as to how you jazz it up with more instruments in an arrangement.

Personally, I think your voice and uke carry the tunes beautifully, and that if you add to much instrumentation that it will distract from your uke and voice.

Maybe you lack the confidence to have yourself 'out front', and this is ok (you can become more confident), but by the time you add bass, guitar, piano,violin , drums, unless done VERY carefully, your uke and your voice will get buried down in the mix and become less significant in the overall song.

You dont need to hide behind other instruments, and there are NO RULES, there are only YOUR RULES :) but if you want to add 'something' simple (with other instruments) to help give some color to the songs, I'd just be careful and remember that 'less is more'.

If you have a Mac or an iPad, Garageband is an easy way to get started recording your songs at home. Many professional musicians even use Garageband due to how easy it is to work with. You can experiment with arrangements and make demos on your own time, and then, later, if you really have to 'go into the studio' you can bring your Garageband demos on a flash thumb-drive and they can use your home sessions as the basis for your studio time. Many pro studios use Apple's Logic Pro software, which can easily import Garageband files, and there is also a simple way to import Garageband files into Avid's Pro Tools.

So with all of that, the time you might spend at home recording, will save you time and money when you get to the studio, if you still feel it is necessary.

There are also some professional folks online that you can send your home-made recordings, and they can mix and master them (for a fee, typically ~$150 per song) and send you back the end result. So there are many ways to get your music together.

Is the H4n the same as the H2n in that it can be used as a USB mic?
If so, and you have an ipad, get the camera connector kit, used to connect your H2n to your ipad, and then use Garageband.
Record uke on one track, vocals as another, add whatever else you like, mix and match until you're happy.
H

Is the H4n the same as the H2n in that it can be used as a USB mic?
If so, and you have an ipad, get the camera connector kit, used to connect your H2n to your ipad, and then use Garageband.
Record uke on one track, vocals as another, add whatever else you like, mix and match until you're happy.
H

That's a great idea for her!

Good way to use what she has in-hand already without having to buy extra equipment. The Zoom H series recorders are highly regarded as having some great sounding mics built-in. :)

Top Bottom