Kamaka HF-3 Koa Tenor

Archivestereo

Reaction score
I am reluctantly selling my Kamaka HF-3 Koa tenor.

It is beautiful. I will post pictures ASAP but here's a video of it in action.

I bought this from The Ukulele Site in Hawaii. It has a beautiful diagonal grain pattern front and back. Really stands out - everyone loves it.

Plays beautifully and includes a LR Baggs 5.0 system (the only undersaddle system I've found to work well). I don't want to sell it. I love playing it. I may change my mind and cancel this offer of sale, actually, but make me an offer through the forum or a private message here on UU and I'll get back with you.

The condition is amazing except for a small little nick where the binding between top and side (right side). I say where the binding would be as the HF-3 has no binding.

I will not even consider anything below $1,000, but I'm looking for the best offer I can get. I have a lot invested in this uke and it's worth a great deal and, being a Kamaka, will always hold its value.

Mike Kassel
mkassel@umflint.edu

Last edited:
I know that sometimes people have to reluctantly sell something, and I don't want to stop you from selling your Kamaka, but you and that ukulele were made for each other.

Great performance!

John

I know that sometimes people have to reluctantly sell something, and I don't want to stop you from selling your Kamaka, but you and that ukulele were made for each other.

Great performance!

John
Thank you so much for the kind words. Complicating matters even more is the neck is stamped with the same date as my birthdate. The plot thickens!!

Thanks so much. Like I said, it depends on the offers. I really don't want to part with it yet.

Beautiful uke and I'm sure it will make someone happy. But consider this:

I was once in a spot and had to sell off instruments, including a couple of Kamaka ukes. The money I gained from selling was quickly in and out, and it really didn't improve my financial situation. If there's any other way for you to sell something else or get money some other way, do it, don't sell. You'll regret it. This uke is yours.

enjoyed your song.If you remember, What strings did you have on [I assume high G] when you recorded . good luck with your sale.

enjoyed your song.If you remember, What strings did you have on [I assume high G] when you recorded . good luck with your sale.

I used the stock Kamaka strings on it - still have the same stock set, so whatever they ship with is what I had on it. And you are correct, it is high g. One word about the video is that the Kamaka is much louder in reality, but the guy who did the video didn't get sound from the board - just the mic. So the sound from the uke is only that which was picked up by the vocal mic!

Beautiful uke and I'm sure it will make someone happy. But consider this:

I was once in a spot and had to sell off instruments, including a couple of Kamaka ukes. The money I gained from selling was quickly in and out, and it really didn't improve my financial situation. If there's any other way for you to sell something else or get money some other way, do it, don't sell. You'll regret it. This uke is yours.

I appreciate this - I really do. And I will regret it, I am sure, if I decide to sell. A few months ago there was a Facebook post on an anniversary at Kamaka or something like that and I was so proud to own one. I even have a Kamaka Hat!

I miss posting to the forum - forgot how much love/mahalo there was on this site!!! Glad to be back!

Top Bottom