songs about tigers???????

Surprised Jim missed "When the Tigers broke free" off his list :)

"Tiger Whitehead" by Johnny Cash

The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill
The Beatles

He went out tiger hunting with his elephant and gun
In case of accidents he always took his mom
He's the all American bullet-headed Saxon mother's son

oh yes guys thank you so much for the song titles and lyrics as well as the super duper awesome vids :rock: bungalow bill, i must have listened to that a million times but it hadn't popped into my head for tiger songs, thank you!!!

Here's a song that namedrops tigers:

Welcome to the zoo - zoo - zoo
With the kangaroos - roos - roos
And the tigers too - too - too
Welcome to the ZOO ZOO ZOO!

This was from Season 24. I also once did a video of the song "Buildings and Mountains" by the band Republic Tigers. I won't post that here. And Brian Eno had a song called "Taking Tiger Mountain".

Last edited:
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Ride the Tiger - Jefferson Starship
Hunting Tigers Out in "Indiah" - Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band
Tiger in a Spotlight - Emerson Lake & Palmer
Tiger Rag ("Hold that tiger") - Original Dixieland Jazz Band

Getting more obscure, a search of my iTunes library pulls up:
Paper Tigers - Caesars
Plain Tiger - Cocteau Twins
Star Tiger Star Ariel - Delays
Year of the Tiger - St. Vincent
Tigermoth - Steve Hackett
Tissue Tigers - XTC

You forgot "When the Tigers Broke Free" by Pink Floyd!

i am starting to wonder if there ARE enough songs for a season now! but the theme would be no surprise anymore :( the cat's out the bag! ;)

here's "tame my tiger" by t rex with a bit of a re-write of the "mister mister" verse because the original is too rude even for me!

I'm not sure if these have been mentioned, but

I'm a Ti-ger by Lulu
Tiger Rose - a Springsteen song sung by Sonny Burgess
and Australia's own Richard Clapton did Goodbye Tiger.
Dan Bern also has a song about Tiger Woods

Predating the Springsteen song by twenty years is Tiger Rose by Grateful Dead lyricist Robert Hunter. It was also the title of the album:

thanks guys! :bowdown:

and yes "i'm a tiger" by lulu, that's a bit of a classic, isn't it, in "songs about tigers" circles... right up there with abba's "tiger"... yup, what with all these great tiger songs, plus it being the run up to christmas and there being a gazillion or two songs i wanna do for that, in addition to the gazillion or ten that i did last year... well i dunno how i'm gonna fit any actual seasons songs into my busy uke-ing schedule!!!!!!! (i'm sure i'll manage somehow! ;))

Top Bottom