Blueridge 40 TCE on the way

Thought I would post an update.

I received a Pono UL4-20 tenor guitar about three weeks ago which has the 1-3/8" nut width and a smaller body. There is a review in Uke Talk if your interested. It is very comfortable to play and I thought I would have no "time or interest" for two tenor guitars so put the Blueridge up for sale. As happens when you go to sell something you start playing it and messing around with it while taking photos. I realized just how good this instrument is and had second thoughts. After a couple weeks in the Marketplace there was no interest, lucky for me because I am keeping it.

Just thought I would throw this up here to let others know I think these are great tenor guitars for the money. It has a real "guitar sound" with medium gauge strings tuned DGBE. I love it and I am keeping it, almost did something stupid :wallbash:

Thanks Dave, for the update. The UL4-20 has a larger body than a regular baritone doesn't it. I'm still waffling between the UL series steel sting or a Blueridge. The main thing stopping me is the longer fretboard and body size of the BR and if it'll work sitting down.

Thanks Dave, for the update. The UL4-20 has a larger body than a regular baritone doesn't it. I'm still waffling between the UL series steel sting or a Blueridge. The main thing stopping me is the longer fretboard and body size of the BR and if it'll work sitting down.

The UL4-20 is about 2" longer in body length and in over all length than a baritone uke

I can play this Blueridge with the lower bout between my legs and the neck up in the air like a classical guitar. But I do have to spread my legs wide open and that might not work for you. No doubt the Pono is MUCH easier to handle because of the smaller size.

Last edited:
Top Bottom