Any flute players? (as in Boehm)

Fleapluckin_Flapper

Reaction score
Just curious as I do play a Geimenhardt 2sp. I work on flutes also and have a "Frankenstein" porch model consisting of First Act and Crown flute parts. I've repadded and done other minor repairs on flutes and reconditioned the inside of a case. <p> playing carols and medieval tunes lately.<p>

I do not...yet. A long time ago, I played saxophone and clarinet (hoping to get back to those), and I have more recently played Xaphoon, recorder and some souvenir fipple flutes. I have been toying with the idea of getting or making a cheap flute. What's your opinion of the First Act? (I've got to think that is cheap)

I also have a flute (Geimenhardt sounds familiar), but it is sitting in a drawer somewhere, as I now have difficulty with my embouchure.
(Also played clarinet for a bit, & guitar.)

I decided as part of my retirement to learn to play harmonica, started with diatonic then went chromatic.
(Still trying to get the breath control right, I find it difficult to inhale as well as exhale whilst playing when you're used to just blowing.)

So now I'm starting to play ukulele. :)

Sort of. I have a Yamaha flute that I can play badly. I have played clarinet and Saxophone for many years. At one point I needed to learn flute to double. I never really mastered the high notes. My sax teacher taught me to fake the high notes by over blowing. I sort of cycle between stringed instruments and woodwinds. The last few years I've played woodwinds very little. Ironically flute is the one I play the worst but the one I'm most likely to pick up and play. Mostly because it doesn't need a reed and is in the key of C.

... flute is the one ... I'm most likely to pick up and play. Mostly because it doesn't need a reed and is in the key of C.

Which is exactly why I am interested in it. Man, I'm lazy.

I play the flute(s), and I have many. I have an Armstrong concert flute and an alto flute. I also have a Sweet baroque flute and some Sweet Irish flutes. There are also a lot of wooden fifes and a coupla piccolos.

I haven't been playing them much lately as I've been concentrating on my ukuleles and my new banjos, but I'll get back to 'em.

Busy busy busy . . . :eek:ld:

Top Bottom