New Vorson $25 plastic concert uke

I have the European version of this, a Korala. Contrary to Booli, I love it. It's my bring outside and take where ever uke. Sure, if you actively try to bend the neck it'll flex, but not during normal play. Perhaps you got a dud rather than a fluke Booli (pun intended:))?

Let's be realistic here, it's a plastic uke for ~25$. And for what it is, it's bloody fantastic:D!

I am glad you are happy with yours :) :music: and maybe you got a 'good one'

On mine, the pitch fluctuation from the neck flex, and inability to adjust the intonation, even slightly, are offensive to my ear, like fingernails on a chalkboard. Yes, I am now a 'sensitive' sod LOL.

Yes, it's only a $25 uke, but for me, the Vorson flavor is just not playable, rather it's painful to listen to since my hearing perception has become accustomed to the near-perfect intonation on a Fluke or Flea uke.

Yes the Flea and Fluke are about 10x the price, but for about double the cost of the Vorson, you can still buy a fully setup Makala Dolphin or Shark from places that do a full setup like Uke Republic, or an Alic soprano for about $100 or less from Southern Ukulele Store or Omega Music in the UK if you are in the EU.

Don't get me wrong, the fit and finish of the Vorson is fine, and the neck feels good, and I REALLY wanted to like this uke, but there are better choices for a little more money. It all depends upon your thresholds for 'disposable' vs 'not playable' vs. 'easy to replace'...

Might as well just get one of these for $7:

SKU216021i1.jpg

http://www.banggood.com/4-String-Ac...or-Baby-Children-p-999539.html?rmmds=category

Top Bottom