SoCal/San Diego Ukulele Picnic/Meetup April 18th

tribal_theory1

Reaction score
SOCAL_Jamdown_4_18.png

The reservation has been made for April 18th at Rohr Park in Chula Vista, CA. We have reserved section R-4 for our use. I will also be bringing a gazebo and some tables and chairs for our use. If I can get some volunteers to maybe bring a few more, that would be great, as we're allowed to bring 3 10'x10' gazebos of our own. The park is great. It has basketball courts, baseball diamonds, open space, a mini-railroad and playgrounds for kids. I will be there to set up by 8am. If I could have some volunteers to bring food/drinks that would be awesome. Maybe we could have a few people manning the grills.

This post will be an official sign up for volunteers for food, drinks, gazebos, tables and chairs. Post what you would like to bring and we'll add it to the list. I'll start it off

Gazebos (10'x10', 3 max)
Dominic (at least 1)

Tables
Dominic (at least 1)

Chairs
Dominic (at least 10)

Food
Bugoy
mmanalo

Drinks
Bugoy
mmanalo

See the map here.

SoCal Ukulele Picnic/Meetup
April 18th, 2009

Rohr Park
Chula Vista, CA 91902
10am-Whenever

Sorry for the late notice, but it was hard trying to plan an event with my heavy schedule. Hope a lot of people can make it out, it should be great fun!:shaka:

Also, be sure to visit Polynesian Underground's Myspace and website. Mana was kind enough to hook us up with the rental fee.
(Flyer to come)

Last edited:
Bummer, I'll be out of town.

I'll bring couple cases of water and sodas, and if you guys need help cooking (BBQ) Let me know!

I'll pm you my cell number, I'm down to come out there and help set up at 8am. I'll try to soak some meat to grill as well!

planning on being there for sure but im 120 miles out so i dont really know what I can bring. Havent decided yet. I guess chips and dips.. and some cash to chip in for BBQ meat

planning on being there for sure but im 120 miles out so i dont really know what I can bring. Havent decided yet. I guess chips and dips.. and some cash to chip in for BBQ meat

youre awesome. :shaka:

Not too sure how far away Tucson is from there(don't feel like figureing it out), but as soon as I find out if I can make it I will see what I can chip in!

so what's goin on? the spot's reserved and now we have a lack of interest? people were stoked when the initial plan started to develop. did i take too long to make it official? i guess it's my bad. :wallbash:

my schedule's been hectic, so i realize i probably took too much time. man, i really hope more people still make it out. :(

so what's goin on? the spot's reserved and now we have a lack of interest? people were stoked when the initial plan started to develop. did i take too long to make it official? i guess it's my bad. :wallbash:

my schedule's been hectic, so i realize i probably took too much time. man, i really hope more people still make it out. :(
dom, i wouldnt worry too much. from the past, there have always been more people show up than what was showing on the board. some are still just a little shy to say anything here.

dont worry we'll keep bumping it up! oh and im going to change the title of the thread to include "san diego" to attract more local attention.

Good job on da vid Nuke! I got a few of my guyz coming along, mostly uke players. I'm trying to get some guitar playerz as well.

Not too sure how far away Tucson is from there(don't feel like figureing it out), but as soon as I find out if I can make it I will see what I can chip in!
About a 6-hour drive. (Or $120 RT on Southwest right now.)

count me in! pretty darn close to my house so if i dont go... i'll die a little bit on the inside....
not sure if i will bring anything as far as food and drinks go, but i'll let you guys know once i find out.
thanks for pulling through again guys!

hmm looks like i might b able to make it out to this one. we'll see what happens..hopefully my schedule permits

Top Bottom