SoCal/San Diego Ukulele Picnic/Meetup April 18th

everybody, i may be running a little bit behind schedule tomorrow morning. we have a gig in long beach tonight, and I may be a bit out of it when i wake up. r-4 is the gazebo right next to the parking lot, across from the gazebo by the mini train station. i'm gonna struggle to be at the park by 9am now, instead of 8am. if any of you have things you'd like to set up in the morning, you're welcome to be there as early as you want, just don't expect me there till after 8. ;)

i'm really looking forward to the event. don't forget, it's not too late to invite more people, so spread the word!! :shaka:

wow, 9 am is still pretty darn early bro! haha... i'll be there before 10 for sure. ah dangit.. i still need to get food n stuff.. :eek:

ima try and be there by like 10 something, and bringing some ice. hopefully coolers will be there when i do. hahaha. see everyone tomorrow

Hey, my name is Dan, count me in, I'm afraid I haven't met many of you all, but I moved back home to SD recently so I'd love to do some jamming. Definitely will bring some cash to chip in for expenses, also guitar, ukes, djembe. See you there! (Early afternoon, though, gotta do some overtime at work in the morning :p)

Last edited:
Dang it...I might have to bail, but I'm trying my best to be der tomorrow. I got some family last minute thang to do tomorrow! But I'm doing my best to show up tomorrow. I'm about to go soak da chicken right now, but if I can't make it...I'll just drop da meat off in da morning! But don't worry...I'm gonna do my best to be der tomorrow!

farther than i thought but never too far to jam

i feel you tribal just off of work and its about 1am. just got on to check updates. now gotta wash up and crash. just mapquest the location...... gonna take me an hour and a half to get there. all good. cruise control , close my eyes and be there in no time... hahaha. might be there around ten-ish. only got a few hours to jam them im out. better jam little bit than no jam at all. right?

Disregard my message earlier...I will be der! Jus got done soaking the meat and packing da car. Now it's time to crash and dream! Might be der a lil late tho! But then again, this is an event put together by islanders..LOL!

:shaka:

Ha.. Ha.. Just woke up... Getting the family ready for the 120 mile trip for this meet.. See ya guys there

:smileybounce:

Loading Ukes into the car, bringing some col stuff out.

Will be there at 10 am on the nose, white guy time. :rofl:

Also I got some sleep for the first time in a while so I might even be able to stay around for a while as the heavens have parted and I don;t have to work.

looks like a fine day to have a jam session!!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!:cheers: i mean. :music:

wow today was hecka fun, even though i had to leave early because of class, i got to play along on 2 songs! woot woot. hahah. can't wait for the pics to be up. yay

Hey thanks again for another awesome jam!

the food was really good, especially the chicken:D

too bad jonas brothers didn't come up this time around...

EDIT
WOOHOO i'm finally a senior member!!!

Last edited:
Hey thanks again for another awesome jam!

the food was really good, especially the chicken:D

too bad jonas brothers didn't come up this time around...

EDIT
WOOHOO i'm finally a senior member!!!

I got dat alot about da chicken~!

wish i couldve stayed all day

an hour or so drive jam for a couple hours of jammin. hella worth it. thanx guys. best jammin ive had in a long time. so um.... when is the next one. hahaha. cant wait for clips and pics. was like family for meeting everyone at for the first time.

I got dat alot about da chicken~!

True about the chicken.. It was damn good

When I asked what was used to marinate.. I was told "with Delicious and water"

I drove down 120 miles for this Jam Session and it was well worth it.. Cant wait for the next one

Haha and got me an Almost Islanders shirt too

Top Bottom