What can you tell me about this Pono...

Guess Johnson owes me set of Living Waters...;-D

I'm going to try and go check it out...

I am a man of my word.
Send me a PM with which strings you want & your address and I will get some stings sent to you.

If you get this uke, take more photos of it, please.

Last edited:
There was a recent very similar thread. The outcome of both being similar.

The current Pono model designations detail the line-up as it is now. In the past some of these designations had different meanings, but they reflected the situation as it existed then.

Previously an "m" in the model name indicated mahogany. I'm not sure but I think the introduction of mango is a relatively recent thing, and it may be this need for an additional "m" that has given rise to confusion.

Mele Kalikimaka to me...
IMG_20151222_153101889.jpg IMG_20151222_153146590.jpg IMG_20151222_153156354.jpg

This just might be a treasure...got it from the original owner, looks like new, he said it's about 10 years old. Label inside says Handcrafted on the Island of Java of all solid hardwoods. Model PCE, has original strings, I'll probably put some Martins on it soon. Fret ends are kind of sharp, need to address that soon, already snagged my finger a few times. It's been unhumidified in Arizona for 10 years and no cracks or warps or anything, except for the fret ends.

I almost bought a Pono a couple years ago, but stumbled into a local shop and went home with a Martin C1K instead.

Dude! That looks like a SCORE! From the original photos you posted from the ad, I was "dang, wish that was down the road from me ..." Merry Early Christmas to you!

That is indeed a nice score! Well what kind of wood is it? I saw a couple of conflicting comments above- is it the mango-seems like it?

Last edited:
Thanks to everybody who responded to this thread and provided information, especially AaronC@HMS!

Congrats! Gorgeous wood grain on that uke and at a steal of a price!

Top Bottom