lemmy's gone

bird's eye view of my ukelele

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:(

what a guy

i just found out he's gone

i dunno if anyone wants to do a motorhead or hawkwind song, or any lemmy related song, and bring it here in tribute

but just in case they do

i thought i'd start this thread so we have somewhere to bring stuff

lemmy_zpse2uus7v0.png

:bowdown:

Last edited:
You win some, you lose some. It's all the same to me.--Lemmy.

Bye, rock god. Thanks for making me move.

Last edited:
*splutter* *cough* *nearly drop my new ohana* *noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

lemmy is - i refuse to use the past tense in this sentence! - a rock god and diamond geezer

he was in hawkwind until he got kicked out for being a naughty boy

and then he was in motorhead

for a brit these are iconic names and legendary music

lemmy quote : "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous. Have you noticed that? I'd like to find the b****** that thought that one up."

yeah lemmy :rock:

Saw Motorhead at the Reading Festival in 1979 (I think), and then again a year or so later. Not sure my hearing has ever recovered. A truly wonderful noise which will be missed by many.

I loved Lemmy! There was a great documentary made about him a year or 2 ago. He was such a character.

Loved Lemmy.

He also contributed heavily to Ozzy's No More Tears. It's one of my fave albums. He wrote Mama I'm Coming Home. I love that one.

Loved Lemmy.

He also contributed heavily to Ozzy's No More Tears. It's one of my fave albums. He wrote Mama I'm Coming Home. I love that one.

yes, and with this song he earned more money than with all Motorhead songs... there are si many I love... "Going To Brazil", "R.A.M.O.N.E.S", "The Chase Is Better Than the Catch", "Liar", "Born to Raise Hell", "1916"...

As I turn 50 I look ahead I can only hope I make it to a lucid 70 to die from something other than old age. Seeing the pictures posted by friends like King Diamond and others shows the man lived a full and interesting life. So why not celebrate this instead of feeling down?

Years ago being a ZZ Top fan I heard MH did a version if not the original of Beer drinkers and hell raisers. I gave it a try and at the time didn't like it at all. I did see Airheads way too many times before realizing the big kid from the breakfast club was the little guy from palentine records.

I do like his hat choice.

As I turn 50 I look ahead I can only hope I make it to a lucid 70 to die from something other than old age. Seeing the pictures posted by friends like King Diamond and others shows the man lived a full and interesting life. So why not celebrate this instead of feeling down?

Absolutely. There aren't many who buck the system, living their lives the way they choose, the way it works for them, to achieve legendary status even before they leave their earthly home. Props to you Lemmy. You live on through the music being played loudly from rooftops everywhere!

Sorry for your loss. I'm in the "who's Lemmy" seating.

Haha, me too (even though I have seen "Airheads" - somehow I think I actually own two copies - and I vaguely remember that scene and that line). Well, I was all "Who's Lemmy?" ... but now I know. These Seasons are so educational.

You Brits will appreciate this: I watched "The Full Monty" with friends after Christmas dinner. There's a scene where they played a bit of that Jane Birkin / Serge orgasm song while rehearsing for their strip show ... and I laughed out loud. I learned about that song just a few weeks ago, in Steve's 1975 British hits Seasons. Later in the movie they played "Come Up and See Me, Make Me Smile", and I knew that one too - it's made a few appearances here. No one else in the room had ever heard these songs.

So yeah, Lemmy ... let me send a few flowers to this memorial.

who's lemmy

it sounds like a heavy rock version of where's wally!

:rock:

he was the hard-rockin' human embodiment of musical awesomeness who bombarded our brit eardrums for literally (well you know) hundreds of years. yeah

he was, basically, born to raise hell

Top Bottom