lemmy's gone

In December 2014, 20 young school children and 6 staff members were murdered at Sandy Hook school.
Was there a thread started here on the seasons? No.
June this year 9 worshipers murdered in a Charleston church.
Good people died in lots of sad circumstances this year.

Lemmy smoked like a chimney, drank like a fish and according to Rolling Stone magazine still "liked his daily speed" even after his heart surgery. An early death from cancer. Who knew eh?

Why is this thread here?
Sheesh!
Like that cat says -
Why?!

In December 2014, 20 young school children and 6 staff members were murdered at Sandy Hook school.
June this year 9 worshipers murdered in a Charleston church.
Good people died in lots of sad circumstances this year.

Lemmy smoked like a chimney, drank like a fish and according to Rolling Stone magazine still "liked his daily speed" even after his heart surgery. An early death from cancer. Who knew eh?

Why is this thread here?
Sheesh!
Like that cat says -
Why?!
what the actual FVCK??????????????????????????

we are here on the seasons for music

lemmy was a musician

and a hugely influential one at that

why the actual FVCK not celebrate his life and career by bringing some of his songs on uke?

if you wanna start a thread for any of those other people

or anyone else

go right ahead

and i'll try really hard to not come by and sh!t all over it

See I reckon the seasons board is basically about participating in the weekly season.

I like that there are some other threads but it ain't a place to plonk a new thread whenever you feel like it imho.

See I reckon the seasons board is basically about participating in the weekly season.

I like that there are some other threads but it ain't a place to plonk a new thread whenever you feel like it imho.
some extra threads are ok, but not all?

not this one?

who gets to decide which ones are ok, or not ok?

you?

I did go and look at their music again since its been over 20 years since I last gave them a go. I was surprised to see they had just released an album this year. I listened to most of it and while its an amazing album as they still sound like motorhead nothing jumped out at me musically. I was impressed at how much energy the man put into his voice at 69-70 years old. He was a rocker for certain.

"Electricity"

Don't speak of your beliefs
They are yours to keep
Memories will fade
As time goes by

Remember just yourself
Me or someone else
You will be the only one to try

Freedom to believe don't cost a thing
Innocence should not be bought and sold

Kiss a bolt of lightning
It'll make you sing

Electricity deep in your soul

Don't tell me who I am
I don't give a damn
Your dreams are nothing
You're a nowhere man

Think you're really smart
Think you're pure in heart
Go ahead and tell yourself you're not

Disbelief don't ever cost a dime
Innocence should not be bought and sold

You need an open mind
Shiver up your spine

Don't speak of time gone by
Don't even try
My memories are skulls and vultures in the sky

I remember everyone,
Tall or deaf, and dumb
Now I am the only one passed by

Freedom to believe don't have a price
Innocence never gets too old
You need a bolt of rock
Severe toxic shock

We have a host trying to run a season on this board this week.
You've started up not one, but two threads, on The Seasons board this same week.
No I don't get to decide but I do get to say I think it is pretty impolite.
They are clearly NOT season related.
There are other places you could post these threads.
A while ago you set up your own little Tigers theme here on the Seasons Board again while someone was actually hosting a season.
Be considerate to the weekly host is all I'm asking.
And I'm not saying not to post those threads I'm just wishing out of consideration to the season host that you would post them somewhere else.

thanks so much for posting that, al, i hadn't heard that song

it's a great one! i think the thing with lemmy is, if you like what he does, he did it for years and years and YEARS, if he floats your boat you are gonna be able to check out any of his stuff, from decades and decades of songs, and go wow yeah love it :rock:

what a guy!

:bowdown:

We have a host trying to run a season on this board this week.
You've started up not one, but two threads, on The Seasons board this same week.
No I don't get to decide but I do get to say I think it is pretty impolite.
They are clearly NOT season related.
There are other places you could post these threads.
A while ago you set up your own little Tigers theme here on the Seasons Board again while someone was actually hosting a season.
Be considerate to the weekly host is all I'm asking.
And I'm not saying not to post those threads I'm just wishing out of consideration to the season host that you would post them somewhere else.
pa, you know, if we're talking consideration i think it was totally inconsiderate and disrespectful of you to swing by a thread dedicated to celebrating the life of a recently deceased musician, loved by many, and basically say his life and work didn't warrant celebration

before you go around telling other people how to post maybe you should look at your own posts, your own history of posting, and ask if it has always been respectful - including of hosts and their seasons.

and i am asking you now, this thread is about celebrating lemmy. if you wanna have a debate about who can post what where, will you please take that discussion somewhere else?

Last edited:
Here's a list of some active - non-Season - threads:

Healing Songs for Rex
seasonistas play other instruments
just wondering...seasonal anticipation syndrone
Peace, love and blessing to all seasonista friends
A Seasonista Wrote This...stuff
Well Wishes (and Songs) for Tommy
Ukulele Haiku - 1 min songlets
GoFundMe-Ukulele Kids Club

I think that every one of them are appropriate. I think that none of them detract, or detracted, from whatever active Season it was posted in. None are hurtful, or unsupportive of any and all Seasons.

Sheesh. Drama sucks. Lighten up and celebrate life, Seasons, and music. And right now, Lemmy.

Here's a list of some active - non-Season - threads:

Healing Songs for Rex
seasonistas play other instruments
just wondering...seasonal anticipation syndrone
Peace, love and blessing to all seasonista friends
A Seasonista Wrote This...stuff
Well Wishes (and Songs) for Tommy
Ukulele Haiku - 1 min songlets
GoFundMe-Ukulele Kids Club

I think that every one of them are appropriate. I think that none of them detract, or detracted, from whatever active Season it was posted in. None are hurtful, or unsupportive of any and all Seasons.

Sheesh. Drama sucks. Lighten up and celebrate life, Seasons, and music. And right now, Lemmy.

Toatally agree with everything but Lemmy - he may be deserving of a thread but it didn't belong here in the seasons. Totally non season related again mho.

I notice you quite correctly didn't include the It's My Birth(WEEK)day thread - we all have a birthday but don't start up a thread here in the Seasons about it. Sheesh.

OK here is a list of some other muso's who died in the last week.

John Bradbury, 62, English drummer (The Specials)
Guru Josh, 51, Jersey musician
Stevie Wright, 68, English-born Australian singer (The Easybeats)
Manuel Agujetas, 76, Spanish flamenco singer
Geraldo Roca (pt), 61, Brazilian singer, gunshot
Ove Johansson, 79, Swedish jazz saxophonist.
Takeharu Kunimoto, 55, Japanese musician, acute respiratory failure
Zemya Hamilton (sv), 50, Swedish singer, multiple sclerosis

Now I really thought Stevie Wright was an iconic rock group front man and was actually copied by many who followed. His lifestyle was responsible for his early passing - just like Lemmy.
I did post something about his passing but not here on the seasons.

Because this is THE SEASONs.

Imagine if everyone just posted what they like where they like.

Last thing I will say about it.

You just keep doing whatever you like BEVomu.
Happy Birthday!

what a surprise to read that lot of people do not know Lemmy !!!
so this topic is useful...
your covers are just f... perfect, Bird's eye... lot of pleasure listening to your humble and passionnate way of uking these great songs.

Locking for review. Please check back in a few minutes.

This tribute would probably have been better in General Discussion (so I'm moving it there), or on the Seasonistas general yakking thread (which I've made sticky, BTW).

Pabrizzer, you make some fair points about consideration for people hosting, and about keeping the Seasons forum on track. The way you did it, though, was inappropriate and basically jerky. You made your point - rudely - but that wasn't enough. You just couldn't quit.

Take a day off to chill out. If it weren't for my reluctance to prevent people from wishing their friends a Happy New Year you'd have been gone for a week.

Letting a hundred flowers blossom and a hundred schools of thought contend is the policy for promoting progress in the arts and the sciences"
Tend the flowers that bloom and those that don't let them whither ... Simples

*whistles - kicks tin can down the street*

As it's "Duos" week here on the Seasons, here's a couple of friends of mine doing 'Ace of Spades':

Hollesley - (pron 'Hoselly' in case you ask), is the (*ahem*) Ukulele Cosmos equivalent of UU's ukulele world congress. If you get a chance to, you should go.

Anmd from this year, in a special one-off reunion... :)

[video]http://video.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xaf1/v/t42.1790-2/11759271_10206892904268310_987025485_n.mp4?efg=eyJ ybHIiOjU5NCwicmxhIjoxMDgyLCJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InJlc 180MjZfY3JmXzIzX21haW5fMy4wX3NkIn0%3D&rl=594&vabr=330&oh=f4b67486b46868405f39dd5eab858461&oe=5685268D[/video]

Last edited:
And then of course, there's this...

... hope peewee won't mind me sharing this (once again):

great stuff paul thank you so much for those links!

of course i'm a year older

and wiser*

today

but hot damn, I STILL LOVE LEMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

*:uhoh:

I'm very disappointed with your assessment of this situation.
It's left me with a very negative impression. It is what it is I guess.

Top Bottom