8th Annual Ukulele World Congress- June 3-4th 2016

Keep me posted on the cabin. There's also a decent hotel in town, with a pool. Sounds luxe, but me, at 52, really need at least six hours of sleep a night. Healthful and good.

Peace be with you!

If you're hoteling it noes the time to secure a room. Stuff fills up fast. In past years the Shriners have a gathering the same weekend.

I love the UU UWC page. I wish there were more posts.
There is a lot of chatter on the UWC FB page, though. That might be a great place to ask for roommates. (Maybe it's already been done.)

I seem to recall being the ones that other folks drifted off too (and possibly woke up to later) a couple of UWCs ago when You and Mandy, Dirk, Young Tim and I sang more than a few.

I know I ain't getting any sleep at UWC! But I love falling asleep to the sound of harmonies by a campfire.

I have been looking forward to UWC 2016 since last June. Well a few days back I ended up in the Hospital with what they thought was a heart attack and thankfully was not. I thought I might have to miss this year but am now on the mend and I plan to be there. Stop by and see the little old bald guy with the ballcap with the STEVE nameplate. I might have something for you.
And by the way it looks like the Hwy 135 bridge at Morgantown is out. So people coming from the north may want to take I-65 and Hwy 46 to Nashville.

I have been looking forward to UWC 2016 since last June. Well a few days back I ended up in the Hospital with what they thought was a heart attack and thankfully was not. I thought I might have to miss this year but am now on the mend and I plan to be there. Stop by and see the little old bald guy with the ballcap with the STEVE nameplate. I might have something for you.
And by the way it looks like the Hwy 135 bridge at Morgantown is out. So people coming from the north may want to take I-65 and Hwy 46 to Nashville.

Steve,

Glad you are OK. I have had some excitement myself but Sophia and I are still planning to be there.

Thanks Doug. I so look forward to seeing all my once-a-year friends. I have been making paracord hangers. Hopefully I will have enough to give one to lots of folks.

UWC 8 Shirt pre-order
UWC8MockWEB.gif

Please Note that this is the only way to get Womans shirts, and mens shirts in 3XL-5XL
50 shirts will be ordered over this pre-order, but they will be mens Sm-2XL and in a mix of the 3 colors
Pre-orders end Sunday May 15, 2016 @ 11:59 pm

Last edited:
Its coming soon!! Are we ready? So many things going on
-Rodeo Wednesday
-wedding Thursday
-Friday pot luck and open mic
-Saturday Open mic

I have been planning all year, hope to see a lot of you there.

UWC 8 Shirt pre-order
UWC8MockWEB.gif

Please Note that this is the only way to get Womans shirts, and mens shirts in 3XL-5XL
50 shirts will be ordered over this pre-order, but they will be mens Sm-2XL and in a mix of the 3 colors
Pre-orders end Sunday May 15, 2016 @ 11:59 pm

REMINDER: Tonight at 11;59 pm CST pre-order closes. please get your orders in before then.

The field is looking great, the weather forecast is favorable. It's going to be a gooder! Not too late to pack the car and head towards Indiana.

This is my first post, and I want to attend the UWC advent. I'm about 35 miles east of Nashville, IN and will be there on Saturday for sure; possibly Friday.

Although I'm a long time bassist in multiple blues/rock bands, I've only been playing ukulele since April, and the bug has bitten. It's going to be a good summer, sipping ice tea and learning new chords. Learning the chords shouldn't be too hard, since the chord patterns are guitar-pattern, except they're a few octaves or frets higher. Much easier though to keep by the recliner for a quick chop or two; and easier on the arthritis.

Is there anything I need to know or purchase before showing up?

Last edited:
This is my first post, and I want to attend the UWC advent. I'm about 35 miles east of Nashville, IN and will be there on Saturday for sure; possibly Friday.

Although I'm a long time bassist in multiple blues/rock bands, I've only been playing ukulele since April, and the bug has bitten. It's going to be a good summer, sipping ice tea and learning new chords. Learning the chords shouldn't be too hard, since the chord patterns are guitar-pattern, except they're a few octaves or frets higher. Much easier though to keep by the recliner for a quick chop or two; and easier on the arthritis.

Is there anything I need to know or purchase before showing up?

Bring a folding chair, ukulele, cooler full of ice tea and food, something to share for the pot luck. Don't feel shy about joining any uke jams that are forming. If you like camping, bring a tent and everything that goes with it.

Bring a folding chair, ukulele, cooler full of ice tea and food, something to share for the pot luck. Don't feel shy about joining any uke jams that are forming. If you like camping, bring a tent and everything that goes with it.

Thanks Doug.
Finding Nashville is no problem, but finding the ukulele group in Needmore, out in the sticks of brown County, could be harder if there aren't any signs leading to it. (Unless it's easily visible from the main road leading to it).
8th Annual Ukulele World Congress- June 3-4th 2016; showing Google map from Nashville.
https://goo.gl/maps/ixpmKa2Jhnr

Last edited:
I was there, and the rain was too, with a few clearings and a couple of heavy downpours.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
This is my yearly UU login. All I have to say is "WOOOOO!!!!!" -The Wrestling Song

Top Bottom