SEASON 204: Rump shaker.

Same for me. Not sure why Freedas comments got marked but both of her comments on my videos had to be moved from the possible spam section. No idea why! I rarely encounter that problem but it happens occasionally.

It was probably just because she was making so many comments in such a short amount of time, which is usually how spammers operate. She just got detected as "spam."

Alrighty! Winners galore! Completely random categories based on who made me FEEL! Laugh, swoon, reminisce...

I'm not sure how many links can be in one post. Guess we will find out.

Most aerobic!

http://youtu.be/OeKbvjxfmaE

Best participation!

http://youtu.be/XZb4Yzfi9QE

The "grown ass man singing TSwift" award!

http://youtu.be/7be1G0Ue2Og

The "you can't go wrong with this one" award!

http://youtu.be/638h0hPXgv4

Sweetest collab!

http://youtu.be/8eVkv29JRjg

Trigger of the most tender memory of my grandpa!

http://youtu.be/JTjTUURo65o

List maker extraordinaire and damn fine player award!

http://youtu.be/PeaUbpZzL5U

The "that voice makes me want to have your babies" award!

http://youtu.be/J3HyuykLmGQ

The most creative video award!

http://youtu.be/Zt8b5g-oSuw

The "woo, got me off my ass to dance" award!

http://youtu.be/znkKMr-LHxw

That's ten, that's my limit, but I could go on and on. These videos were great fun for me, and I hope they were for you too!

Winners, inbox me your address to be mailed your silly prize at the end of this month!

Congratulations to all the winners gang. Than you Freeda for a very fun week of dancing. I had a great time :)

Hello dear friends! I love ALL of you Seasonistas and "I'm not the only one" (Sorry but John Lennon's "Imagine" springs to mind at the moment).

This technologically driven age is a hard time to be civil, it seems. What we say in print is much colder sounding than a personal conversation where we look each other in the eye, pick up on physical and vocal cues and then hug it out when we're through.
Please, can we try extra hard to treat our brothers and sisters here in this particularly special place with kindness and expect to receive the same treatment in return.

PS: Not that we need any explanations of anything from our wonderful Host, (We don't) I have occasion to know that some comments this season have gone to email but not to You Tube. Just a data point.
Love,
alan

Amen, brother.

Might I gently offer something also to be considered...

I have no idea if there's any reality to back this up, but if the Season results are NOT announced immediately at the supposed or imagined time and/or the Host has not made cute little comments either in the thread or on YT, in near-realtime as videos are submitted...

then just MAYBE, the intention of the host (at that time) is to allow us, as adults, to do our best to follow the theme, and said host actually intends to wait until ALL the videos are in, then watch them back-to-back, continuously/consecutively, making comments at that time.

When toe-tapping and waiting, growing frustrated or impatient, maybe those expectations of some participants are completely mis-aligned with the reality of the life of that host outside of UU, AND the intentions or PLAN that the Host had from the start. Such intentions do not preclude being a good host by ANY means, but such expectations may in fact be misplaced. I could be wrong, and I am just offering some thoughts to consider going forwards.

I would also offer that if the sole motivation for participating in the Seasons is to get comments in real-time (like during a Golf match) OR to be able to read the hosts judging results precisely at 11:59 PM Hawaii Time on Sunday at the Season's end, maybe those expectations need to be adjusted to match the reality of what the host can reasonably offer.

As has been said before, this is a labor of love for all involved, and if one feels that the Seasons are anything otherwise, than maybe that person needs to re-evaluate (the level of) their participation.

I personally don't care for the drama and negativity, and come here to learn, to become a better player, to be entertained by my peers (as BEV says my 'peeps'), for the camaraderie and MOST importantly to have FUN.

Without FUN, it's all dead to me. If I want to get upset or frustrated, I can always just hit myself really hard on the knee with a hammer a few times. LOL.

Thankfully my exposure to the Seasons has ALWAYS been about FUN, and that has always been my INTENT, no matter what.

Having said all of the above, none of this is directed at anyone specifically, so please do not consider this an accusation, as it is not. I am just trying to suggest another perspective.

I love and appreciate you all, for you ALL have all contributed to my life in immeasurable ways, even when I was only a spectator for so long. I find joy in simply watching your inspiring videos.

Freeda, thank you for hosting. I had fun this season, and am glad to come back and loved the theme this week.

To my fellow bruddha and sista Seasonista's:

May you always find joy, and further may you ALWAYS be able to see the joy that is right in front of you, no matter what chaos may be present and foremost in your life otherwise.

Shaka :shaka:,

Booli :)

Those were some cool and creative categories which made me laugh. Fun videos all! I went back to watch all of them a second (or third) because they were all outstanding for different reasons. Well I didn't go back and watch my own for the second (or third) time, 'cause that would be kinda silly right? I was glad to get you off your butt Freeda. I was lucky to have Erivel's song to work with. So cool Eric! Congrats to the other category winners!

Booli, thanks for your thoughtful posts and for gracious and giving spirit they always include.

Congratulations to all the winners and thank you, Freeda, for a wonderful theme and season!

Guys I have been sick as a dog the last couple of weeks and not following the Seasons as closely as possible. I see there is some confusion about Google's Spam policy.
Google's Robots are pesky creatures at the best of times and google owns all or a big chunk of YouTube. If you post a lot on Google More than two posts a day you are eligible to be considered as Spam. If You habitually post with links in your posts, like a video maybe? you increase the likelihood you will be put into the Spam filter category. There are other criteria, not all of which Iam aware of but Google Handles the Spam filter thing differently than YouTube. If you put too many posts on Google plus they will make you do one of those fill in the blank with Chinese Kanji that no one can read anyway. If you succeed at this you will be forwarded to the post or community you were trying to access. I reckon you'all know how Youtube does it. When you are a host and replying to many posts, ie commenting you will likely activate the SPAM filter. The Nasty thing is once you are in the SPAM Filter some of your posts will be sent to administrative limbo. They may never get out of limbo or they may be released by some mumbo jumbo algorithm six months later. Thats the good news! the bad news is once you trigger the google/Youtube SPAM Filter you will be tagged with that condition for a while. Up to two months is the consensus of Community Moderators and Owners. If you are a community owner/Moderator it is even worse. You can get tagged as SPAM just because you are administering your SIte. Google does want you to administer your site (read community). This can be a real anoyance when you have an active community of over about 100 members who post a lot.

Does this sound like the voice of experience? Frankly I'd rather be playing Ukulele. Anyway sorry for the long winded rant.

If thats the way it works Tommy I must be the biggest spammer of the seasons!

Out of curiosity I wonder how many times I do come up as spam for you all?

If thats the way it works Tommy I must be the biggest spammer of the seasons!

Out of curiosity I wonder how many times I do come up as spam for you all?

I don't think you where ever tagged as spam for the comments you did on my video's. Unfortunately they don't have a system in place that flags post as really nice comments, else I guess you would be in that category a lot ;).

Freeda got tagged as spam on three of the four videos I submitted for her season. It was easy enough to sort as there was a "warning" message at the top of the video's comments and it takes you to the spam folder where you can tag it as Not Spam. Google Mail is worse as there is no indication a message has been sent to spam and you have to remember to check from time to time.

The Reviews are in for this Season!:

"The most fun you can have without laughing!"
"A fun group of singers and players getting their groove on"
"Another triumphant Berni Armstrong video!!"
"Best award categories ever! Should be in charge of the Oscars!"
"May the Good Lord shine a light on you...all" -Mick

Quoting Booli...

then just MAYBE, the intention of the host (at that time) is to allow us, as adults, to do our best to follow the theme, and said host actually intends to wait until ALL the videos are in, then watch them back-to-back, continuously/consecutively, making comments at that time.

Yes, this is my preferred method. Otherwise I tend to get mixed up and miss videos. I wasn't aware that my posting spree would cause a spam alert but that makes total sense.

Also, and I was discussing this with someone else off thread, in the Seasons, I feel that the "judge" isn't really the be all end all of anything. My validation shouldn't be worth more than anyone else's in your heart. This is a peer participation, peer review kind of thing. If 100 videos are submitted by say 60 people, not one video should have less than ten peer comments on it.

The judge doesn't make or break the season. Participants do. Just my two cents. ;) And I am going to try to be a more active commentator as well.

I don't think you where ever tagged as spam for the comments you did on my video's. Unfortunately they don't have a system in place that flags post as really nice comments, else I guess you would be in that category a lot ;).

Awe, Thanks Wim :D

Top Bottom