RIP Glenn Frey

rappsy

Reaction score
Awoke to this terrible news.

As someone who has one of those ailments, this kind of thing is scary.

Mortality is settling in, no matter what your age or socioeconomic bracket.

Live Life To It's Fullest.

PLAY MORE UKE or do what makes you happy.

I find this news disturbing mainly because his cause of death was likely due to the medications (and side effects) he took to control his rheumatoid arthritis. People need to know there are better, safer, healthier ways to deal with RA than with heavy pharmaceuticals. Do your own personal research before you trust the drug companies and decide for yourself whether or not it's worth the risk. I have firsthand experience. RIP Glenn Frey.

I find this news disturbing mainly because his cause of death was likely due to the medications (and side effects) he took to control his rheumatoid arthritis. People need to know there are better, safer, healthier ways to deal with RA than with heavy pharmaceuticals. Do your own personal research before you trust the drug companies and decide for yourself whether or not it's worth the risk. I have firsthand experience. RIP Glenn Frey.
Well said Chuck. Steroids can be more dangerous than the disease/ailment.
Glenn will be missed. RIP.

The very first attempt at fingerpicking for me was the opening arpeggio riff for Hotel California so the Eagles have a special place in my heart.

Glenn Fry will be missed, such a great songwriter, truley creative

Last edited:
I'm truly heartbroken...Eagles are my very favorite band of all time!

I think the song "It's Your World Now" from the Long Road Out of Eden album pretty much says it all. It was written by Glen and Jack Tempchin . . .

Well said Chuck. Steroids can be more dangerous than the disease/ailment.
Glenn will be missed. RIP.

Perhaps. But as a sufferer of Polymaialgia rheumatica, Prednisone is the difference between being able to function and not being able to function. When the pain is so intense that I can't pick up a chisel, let alone use It in any meaningful way Prednisone keeps me going, without it I doubt I would still be here.

I am truly saddened by this news. Glenn was a favourite of mine and the Eagle one of my all time top bands. I Really enjoyed their last album and loved that fact that they got back together and continued to make such good music. Great voices. Truly wished I could have seen them live! RIP Glenn.

Chucks comment are very valid and to the point. To many drugs being pushed at everyone these days. We need to step back from all these medications and proceed with caution. After all it is big business and their interests are........ Well you know... Profits.

Words by Glenn, "...people don't run out of dreams — people just run out of time." — Lyrics of River of Dreams

I am truly saddened by this news. Glenn was a favourite of mine and the Eagle one of my all time top bands. I Really enjoyed their last album and loved that fact that they got back together and continued to make such good music. Great voices. Truly wished I could have seen them live! RIP Glenn.

Chucks comment are very valid and to the point. To many drugs being pushed at everyone these days. We need to step back from all these medications and proceed with caution. After all it is big business and their interests are........ Well you know... Profits.

Stepping back from " all these medications" is all well and good, probably an excellent idea, unless you are one of the hundreds of thousands of sufferers who, without one of these medications (in my case prednisone) would not get through the day. All very noble sentiments if you're not in pain.

A nice family.

I'm sorry to hear that Glenn Frey has passed away from post-op complications from his surgery to treat ulcerative colitis. Such as shame.

We stayed at the once-great Ihilani Hotel in KoOlina and had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Frey, his wife, and his youngest son, Otis, at the pool. The boy was three at the time, now thirteen or so. They were staying while having work done at their Haleiwa home, per the rumors (they soon after bought their next home in Kauia around 2007). Everyone knew it was them at the pool but just let them be real people, and they swam all afternoon right there along with all of us. Ohana.

A tough age to lose a dad for Otis. To all his children and wife, condolences.

The Eagles are one of the big bands of my lifetime. I'll miss them.

I believe ya brudda. My twin brother suffered from ulcerative colitis like Glenn, taking drugs to combat it. I've had my share of heartburn and ulcers, but many years ago I discovered by accident that I'm highly lactose intolerant so I stopped all products made from milk, within a week all my intestine problems went away. I convinced my twin to do the same and within a few weeks his colitis went away. His doctor would not believe it, but now only when we accidentally consume some milk product do the problems show again.

Top Bottom