Blackbird Ekoa Tenor is Here

Congrats to Blackbird for making the ekoa a reality. I like the looks and the sound sample. Quite an accomplishment. I'm looking forward to trying one. Thanks to them. Also I really enjoyed the HMS video.

Ever since I got my soprano OXK I've been waiting for Martin to come out with a tenor version. Looks like Blackbird beat them to the punch.

Last edited:
I always wonder why no one seems to care for the Blackbird carbon fiber tenor. :eek:ld:

I think the people who have them care for them. The person in my Uke group who has one sure does. She is reluctant to bring her expensive Ukes to play outdoors so the Blackbird is alway there no matter if it's rain or shine, cold or very hot. Just what that instrument was made for.

Frankly, I prefer the more traditional styling of the tenor. I owned the Clara concert for a while. I loved the tone, but I found the shape of the uke and the rounded back very uncomfortable to hold. Ultimately, I sold it because I found it too annoying to play. I may be in the minority here, but I welcome the ekoa tone in a more traditional instrument.

I do, however, agree that it may price itself out of the market. If the street price is really ~$1400, there are an awful lot of exquisite instruments that can be purchased at that price or less.

Top Bottom