Looking for a translator...

La Perdrix

Reaction score
Last edited:
Well,

I don't speak French, but at this Website:
http://www.lexilogos.com/english/french_translation.htm#
You can paste in up to 150 words from the French text. Then you can choose different translation sites to take a shot at it. None of them are amazing translations but some of the translations are goofy enough to give you a laugh.

TU CAUSES...

tu causes, dans mon silence
mais ce que tu dis, je m'en fous
tu causes causes causes, j'm'en balance
et tu continues malgré tout

alors j'fais semblant d't'écouter
j'm'entends même te répondre parfois
ça parait civilisé
il t'en faut peu quelquefois

tu causes, ça m'emmerde
tes mots envahissent mes songes
il faut toujours que tu dissertes
même le soir quand tu t'allonges

je ne te dis jamais : Tais-toi
je continue de supporter
ton interminable blabla
qui me saoule, je dois être cinglé

cause toujours, tu m'intéresses
j'adore t'entendre radoter
pendant ce temps-là j'mate tes...
c'que t'es belle quand t'es passionnée

tes palabres, c'est du somnifère
des fois j'préfèrerais être sourd
j'connais qu'un moyen pour t'faire taire
allez, viens plus près, mon amour...

ah... super...
oh nom de Dieu ça fait du bien...
non non non, t'arrête pas...
continue... ah, merci...

j'adore...
ouhhh...
ah, merveilleux... exceptionnel...
trop bon ce silence...

et merde, déjà, tu recommences...
d'façons j'savais que ça devait arriver
t'as décidé que mon existence
j'la passerai entière à t'écouter

d'ailleurs si tu te tais trop longtemps
au lieu d'en profiter, je m'inquiète
putain mais je devrais être content
ça prouve bien que je suis pas net

elle est comme ça, notre romance
t'as toujours quelque chose à raconter
alors vas-y cause, dans mon silence
il ne sert qu'à te laisser parler

I understand most so I might give it a try. Google translate is very wanting and requires alot of imagination:)

Do you want a translation, which would be a literal rendition of the words, or an interpretation, which while not literal, will convey the essence of the lines? Translations can be very clumsy often times because of the differences in sentence structure, and the different meanings that particular words have in different languages. I just know this because I was a court certified interpreter in Spanish, which is different than a court certified translator.

Last edited:
Do you want a translation, which would be a literal rendition of the words, or an interpretation, which while not literal, will convey the essence of the lines? Translations can be very clumsy often times because of the differences in sentence structure, and the different meanings that particular words have in different languages. I just know this because I was a court certified interpreter in Spanish, which is different than a court certified translator.

This is the best description of translations
Most people translate from word to word ! Google translate is the best examples of this mess.
Translating a song lyric is not easy but not impossible
Some of the Canadian UU members here may be able to help

I'm confused. You can write comprehensive English. Can you not write the song in English as you understand the meaning and sentiment?

Originally Posted by PhDmusic
Hello guys, I'm a PhD student looking for lyrics tranlsation tools. Have you used any?
My thesis project with an essays.agency copy is on Music Technology and I need to analyze how translation apps and tools help songwriters.
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, I used Lyrics Translate once or twice. There's also Lyrix app for saving any text online and then you can translate it easily with Lyrics Translate. I'm also using Veed (Translate Video tool) for automatically generated subtitles for my lyrics.

Top Bottom