2016 Los Angeles Int'l Ukulele Festival Sept 24

mitchchang

Reaction score
Join us at the 2016 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival! Spend a beautiful Southern California Saturday with us Sept 24, 2016 9am - 6pm at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center. Check out the highlights video from last year www.losangelesukulelefestival.com

James Hill is joining us this year! (last year he had to back out once it was discovered his wife would be expecting their firstborn right around the time of the festival). He'll also be teaching a workshop, more details to come on that; just wanted to give you a heads-up since it'll be limited to 30 (int/adv level)

Once again, enjoy all-star performances throughout the day PLUS unlimited workshops for all levels - all for one flat entry fee of only $45! No-brainer!!

Take advantage of limited-time early bird pricing: only $35, tickets go on sale March 15 - check the website for the ticket link and the complete artist lineup (to be announced) at www.losangelesukulelefestival.com

Wanna win a Nalu Hokua tenor ukulele? http://www.nalu-ukulele.com/hokua-ukuleles/hokua-tenor Here's what you gotta do by March 15 in order to enter: 1) if you attended the festival last year, I'd love to hear your feedback on what you liked/didn't like. 2) if you didn't attend, tell me what you'd like to see. 3) if you feel compelled to write a glowing review, these are happily accepted, too!

Save the date - L.A.'s own ukulele festival is back!

Hey Mitch, ready to go with The CC Strummers, I hope we're invited back. I do have one request, the food service was really slow and long line. Would it be possible to have a few food trucks available?

Oh yes, absolutely! That was actually the plan last year but it didn't work out for a couple reasons. Now we have the list of city-approved trucks so there'll be a nice variety of satiating goodness

Hi everyone! Just a couple of announcements:

1) Tickets on sale a week from today at www.losangelesukulelefestival.com
2) Take advantage of the early bird pricing special March 15-31: $35 for ALL DAY ACCESS TO ALL PERFORMANCES AND WORKSHOPS! After March 31 it's $45 for all day, still an incredible deal you won't find anywhere else!
3) You'll want to join the email list to get the promo code to enter online for the $10 discount.
4) Another reason to join the email list: the first 30 folks to RSVP to the email that goes out about James Hill's workshop get in (this is the only workshop that requires pre-registration)

And the big news:
5) 2016 performers & instructors: James Hill, Victoria Vox, Fulare_Pad (all the way from Japan!), Sarah Maisel, Craig Chee, me (Mitch), Cali Rose, Jim D'Ville, Ukulele Bartt Warburton, Abraham Lagrimas Jr & more to be announced

More to come, talk soon!

The website http://www.kalakoa.com/ukulele.html does say "Ukulele vendors, independent builders & fun ukulele accessories, toys & apparel!", with pictures of several booths with instruments.

though it also still says: 2015 instructors & performers:....

but I believe everyone on it was mentioned in your post. Non UUers might be confused though.

Last edited:
OK website has been updated (and corrected): http://www.losangelesukulelefestival.com/ Will continue to be updated as we go.

Schedule for the day has also been posted (subject to change). And yes, there will definitely be luthiers/manufacturers there, have been in touch with many and finalizing things with each one before announcing. Stay tuned. Thanks everyone!

UPDATES:

1) In addition to the all-day flat fee of $45, we've added a 2nd option: $99 for all-day plus an Ohana ukulele!
Choose from the PK-10S Pineapple-Shaped Mahogany, SK-10S Mahogany Soprano & SK-10 Color Mahogany Soprano, all great choices for students and beginners. Includes a gig bag, too - an incredible value! I realize most of you will already have your own instrument but please let those that are beginners know about this cool deal!

2) For out-of-towners, we have a host hotel just 1 mile from the venue: Marriott Residence Inn Torrance/Redondo Beach, 3701 Torrance Boulevard, Torrance, CA 90503. Special discounted rates for festival attendees, just mention the Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival and make your reservation no later than Friday, August 26, 2016 in order to receive the discounted room rate ($159 vs $209). Reservation link

3) The night before the festival, we will have a get together in Gardena 5:30-8:30pm. Meet and hang with the artists, buffet dinner, free parking, open mic, & more. $35, details coming soon but save the date. Will be limited to only 100 folks. If coming from out of town, why not make it a 2-nighter?

4) James Hill workshop is "sold out".

5) Check out the website, there's a chance to win lessons from Sarah Maisel and Craig Chee via ArtistWorks. www.losangelesukulelefestival.com

Thank you for reading, let me know if you have any questions!

I have signed up for the Festival and was lucky enough to get a slot in James Hill's workshop! ( Thanks Mitch).
But when I look to sign up for the Ohana dinner the night before it only comes up as a package?...
Is there a way to sign up for that as a single item ?
Thanks,

Tickets are not yet on sale for the event the night before the festival. They will be this month though - please check back here and join the email list at the website. Thanks!

So this is free for my 8 and 9 year old kids? I only have to buy tickets for me and my wife? What about my kids participation in the workshops?

Thanks.

Really looking forward to attending and performing with The CC Strummers at the festival this year. Sorry I can't make the Friday night gathering, sounds like a lot of fun. Had a great time last year with our opening hour performance, the workshops, all the other performances, the booths (even bought a number of items), really enjoyed myself.

Kids 12 & under get in free with accompanying paid adult - this includes workshops/strum-alongs

Aloha Mitch !!! Any "senior" discount tickets??? Look forward to seeing you, maybe??

Tickets are now available for the Festival Preview Night, Sept 23rd, the night before the festival. 5:30-8:30pm at the New Gardena Hotel 1641 W Redondo Beach Blvd, Gardena, CA 90247. Enjoy a delicious buffet dinner (food by Happa restaurant) while you mix & mingle with the festival artists & fellow ukulele players. Impromptu performances & open mic opportunities, too! $35 and limited to only 100 attendees, reserve your space ASAP http://kalakoa.tix.com/Event.aspx?EventCode=866793

Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival 2016

Aloha!

2016 LA International Ukulele Festival here we come! We are very excited to be representing Ohana Ukuleles again at this event and bring a good selection from entry-level to intermediate/high-end instruments. This was such a great event last year and is going to be even better this year! Can't wait to see James Hill and all the other performers. Special thanks to Mitch Chang for all the work he puts into making this event a special one for everyone attending.

Jack Ehlers
Owner
Uke Life Co.
www.ukelifeco.com

Top Bottom