100th Anniversary Kamaka

Did you get it?

Not me! Unexpected (but hopefully positive) change in my employment situation means I'll (a) be enjoying the ukes I already own for a good long time with no spare funds for new acquisitions, and (b) actually have a bit more time to play them.

I am really bad at April Fools. I had just one thing planned today and it was a good one and blew it before I could even do it! I am just bad at April Fools.

So no, no April Fools.

And yes, I did trip and actually dented a Kamaka. Because... only I can do that!

Um ... I just heard from Andrew ... my ship has just come in ... a Tenor HF 3L ... but it is sitting in a pile of Ukes at HMS.

Um ... I just heard from Andrew ... my ship has just come in ... a Tenor HF 3L ... but it is sitting in a pile of Ukes at HMS.

Nice! The baritone is staring me down...

I am really bad at April Fools. I had just one thing planned today and it was a good one and blew it before I could even do it! I am just bad at April Fools.

So no, no April Fools.

And yes, I did trip and actually dented a Kamaka. Because... only I can do that!

Hey Mim, it sounds like you have my kind of luck. I hope you didn't take to much of a haircut on it. I also will say that as a bargain shopper a dent on the back would bother me much.

Good luck to the new owner.

Hey Mim, it sounds like you have my kind of luck. I hope you didn't take to much of a haircut on it. I also will say that as a bargain shopper a dent on the back would bother me much.

Good luck to the new owner.

I found a happy happy customer for it! And it was the only one not spoken for yet, so I did not disappoint anyone!

I thought the HF2L was yours...haha...and the HF3L was for Brenda...I guess I got mixed up...:) did you see the pineapple long neck with the sapwood in the koa....pretty nice.....might be sold already though...congrats!!

Last edited:

Thanks. Pretty excited about it.

Both Dave and I thought that Baritone has exceptional tone. Super nice and the pictures on HMS's site show its true beauty.

I was speaking with Andrew tonight and he told me when Corey dsid THAT Baritone was extra special.

Go for it!

I thought the HF2L was yours...haha...and the HF3L was for Brenda...I guess I got mixed up...:) did you see the pineapple long neck with the sapwood in the koa....pretty nice.....might be sold already though...congrats!!

No worries Len. I think Brenda is looking for a HF3. I am pretty exited about the HF3L.

I already own a HF2L and really love it. One of my favourites.

I'm :thisclose: to putting a deposit down on a tenor slot head. First, a little downsizing/trading...

First time I heard that is was instant lust. I know you have a good ear Ryan, apparently Corey said that is was something really special. Simon has been trying to talk me into buying it.

His HF3L is an absolute stunner. It will be interesting to see how a 19" neck effects the sound, it gives lots of options for different strings set for sure. We are lucky we live so close to each other because I get to try his new stuff and he gets to try mine.

First time I heard that is was instant lust. I know you have a good ear Ryan, apparently Corey said that is was something really special. Simon has been trying to talk me into buying it.

His HF3L is an absolute stunner. It will be interesting to see how a 19" neck effects the sound, it gives lots of options for different strings set for sure. We are lucky we live so close to each other because I get to try his new stuff and he gets to try mine.

Congrats..you must of got the Baritone as it says sold on the Ukulele Site...I saw it at the store must be on its way to get setup etc...now.....:)

Congrats..you must of got the Baritone as it says sold on the Ukulele Site...I saw it at the store must be on its way to get setup etc...now.....:)

I just said I liked it and Simon was after me to buy it. I never said I bought it, sure is a nice sounding baritone. The new owner is sure to like it.

Top Bottom