HATS. ( Just a bit of fun.)

I was wondering whether or when a female would answer :D Seems like hats are more a must for male ukers.

Yep, I think so. I try not to let the guys outdo me, LOL. I even have a uke jacket (whole lotta colors). There's a pic of me wearing on FB, jamming with friends. But not the hat.

Hats are a must for my wife, who is learning the uke, but she would wear a hat regardless. Folks around here call her the Hat Lady.

Jim top hat.jpg Jimwithuke.jpg jimuke.jpg harp&uke.jpg boatera.jpg

I like to wear hats on stage and have not shaved my beard since the summer of 1981 (The moustache has not been shaved since '67)

While folks may not think of Don Johnson as a fashion plate, he is credited with the popularity of the permanent 2 day growth of beard as well as wearing T-shirts with sports/suit jackets. I don't think I've ever seen him in a hat though.

Last edited:
While folks may not think of Don Johnson as a fashion plate, he is credited with the popularity of the permanent 2 day growth of beard as well as wearing T-shirts with sports/suit jackets. I don't think I've ever seen him in a hat though.

Only when he performs on stage...or relaxes in his Miami Vice lounge wear. It makes him a better singer.

don johnson 1.jpgdon johnson 2.jpg

hats are cool, i am a bluesman and i wear one all the time lol

I didn't realise he was a singer.

Don Johnson is one of those people who capitalized on or used the clout of his stardom to record a couple of albums. I'm guessing that his recording career probably wouldn't have happened otherwise.

There was a time when I didn't go anywhere without my John B Stetson.

OldDelhi1.jpg 1972Kalgoorlie.jpg

A Family-2.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
MLC&.jpg mlc.jpg

The Maple Leaf Champions Jug Band all wear hats. The Hawaiian shirt photo is our summer stage wear (although we only wear the leis for Ukulele Lady or Let's Talk Dirty In Hawaiian) and the vests are for fall, winter spring gigs.

I've been known to wear a hat or two...

CR Koa.jpg
Playing Rick Turner's personal Koa Compass Rose Uke

firefly.jpg
On stage with the Jug Band at the
Old Songs Festival of Music and Dance June 2013

greenmarket dec27_2_Mike Brown.jpg
On Stage at the Schenectady Greenmarket, 12/27/15

Last edited:
Always maintained whiskers. Rarely an actual beard, mostly just the 3-day scruff. First to look older, then, when I was older, to look younger. :)

I loved the way you phrased this. Fantastic.

Top Bottom