Several Ukes for Sale, must be picked up in Switzerland

Rakelele

Reaction score
My wife and I have upgraded our ukes quickly over the past couple of years, so we have several nice ones that we just don't play very often and would be willing to sell. The problem, however, is that we live far off from any major markets, so cost for shipping and taxes would pretty much kill any attempt of selling internationally, even within Europe.

Here's the deal for those who happen to live or travel in Switzerland: If you come pick it up in Zurich, I'll make you an awesome price, you won't be able to find any better for a high quality ukulele in Europe. This way, you'll even get to play and compare them before you buy. PM me or reply to this thread, and we can work on the details.

I'm also willing to ship abroad, but this will not only add postal fees, but might also add taxes on your side, depending on your country.

These are the instruments that we are thinking of letting go. All of them are in perfect condition and well setup (except where noted in brackets):

Kala KA-C, laminate Mahogany Concert - SOLD! -

Pono AT, all solid Acacia Tenor - SOLD! -

Pono MGTP, all solid Mango Pineapple Tenor - SOLD! -

Pono TE, all solid Acacia Thinbody Electric - SOLD! -

G-String C1, all solid dark figured Koa Concert, built by Derek Shimizu in Hawaii - SOLD! -

Islander GL6, laminate Acacia Baritone scale Guitalele/Guilele

Ibanez EWP15-LTD, laminate Mahogany/Spruce Tenor size Piccolo Guitar (intonation needs some work) - SOLD! -

Jazzbox by Toby Chennell, all solid Bearclaw Spruce top and flamed Maple back/sides archtop tenor ukulele with "King" appointments, f-holes and a side sound port

Norman by Godin Protegé B18 CW, solid Cedar top Dreadnought Guitar, Tobacco Sunburst, Fishman pickup, made in Canada

UkeCrazy Hardshell Baritone Case, will fit Baritones of all brands, as well as Guitaleles etc.

We're not in a hurry and won't be going anywhere, so contact me if you're planning a trip to Switzerland, it's a beautiful place to see... and you'll get to play some nice ukes! :cool:

Pictures of the instruments are posted throughout this thread.

Last edited:
Um ... wow ... that i quite the collection, my friend. You could almost open an online shop! Too bad, you didn't live in Quebec ... I would make the drive ... lol.

Good luck.

Maybe start a B&B for ukulele players, room comes with your choice of uke rental while there. Simon and I will come visit

Haha, great idea Simon & Dave! Unfortunately, we live in a tiny appartment that barely fits our ukes, so not much room for guests to sleep. Nevertheless, anyone interested in playing our ukes is very welcome.

Will you pay for my airfare and hotel there?? Very interested

There's a very good chance I'll be travelling to Switzerland this year (my wife is Swiss and her father is getting quite old and frail). Dates haven't been determined yet and I'm not sure if I'll be in the market for a new ukulele at that point, but I will definitely keep your offerings in mind when the time comes!

Cool, Snargle! Send me a PM when you know the dates, and we can work something out. I see your collection is lacking a Pono, Mango, Tenor Pineapple...! :)

dang! my neighbor was just over there on a ski trip
!

Here are some pictures from a couple of ukes I've listed for sale: Pono AT (all solid acacia tenor) and Pono MGTP (all solid mango pineapple tenor):

Pono_AT_MGTP_1.jpg Pono_AT_MGTP_2.jpg

Both ukes are in nearly new condition, no scratches or dings, perfect setup by the professionals at HMS. Both have beautiful wood grain: The acacia has nice straight dark stripes, the mango some crazy figures and flames. The MGTP was actually the very first of this model, and exactly the one featured in the pictures and videos at HMS.

Playability and sound is just as good as with our highend ukes; we're just not playing them as often as we should, because the more expensive ones get most of our attention.

Like I stated in the initial post: If you come pick'em up in Switzerland, you'll get a super sweet deal on a uke you're not going to find anywhere else in Europe at this price. I'd be willing to ship to other countries, but unfortunately, high shipping cost and import taxes in most countries will add up to a total that is far less attractive, with no benefit for me nor the buyer.

To bring this thread back up, here are some pictures of the G-String C1 Concert Ukulele we are willing to sell. It was built in 2014 by Derek Shimizu in Hawaii and purchased from Ukulele PuaPua in Waikiki. It's made of all solid Koa with some very special, dark figures. The fret markers and logo are made of shiny green Abalone. Condition is like new. The only flaw I could find are a couple of open pores in the finish. This is a great player that compares well to the K-brands and other Hawaiian made ukes.

G-String_C1_01.jpg G-String_C1_02.jpg G-String_C1_05.jpg
G-String_C1_03.jpg G-String_C1_08.jpg

I'm willing to ship this to any country, but as mentioned before, shipping cost plus import taxes may drive up the cost unreasonably high. If you come pick it up in Switzerland, you'll get a great deal on a very special uke.

Edit: This uke is sold, thank you.

Last edited:
Seriously super collection of Ukes for sale ... wish I lived in Europe to take advantage of this ...

I have replied to all PM's (I hope).

I love Switzerland! Maybe you should teach a workshop in ukulele, then offer up some of your ukes for new students to buy. You could build up local interest. Playing uke in the Alps would be awesome.

–Lori

The G-String is on hold, all others are still available.

The G-String Concert is now sold and off to a lovely new home across the border.

All others are available, so contact me if you're in Switzerland and looking for a nice solid wood ukulele.

Hi there,

I would like to take the opportunity to express my deepest gratitude to Rakelele! I am the very happy new owner of his immaculate GString Concert. It's gorgeous! I instantly fell in love with this beautiful instrument. It's a great player with an absolutely lovely sound.

Thank you sooo much for this beauty!

Warm regards
Kanya

Last edited:
I just added a UkeCrazy hardshell case to my sales list; it will fit any baritone as well as the supersized Islander and Kanilea Guitalele.

Top Bottom