NUD: Moore Bettah honu & octopus tenor

Beautiful dream uke, congratulations! I was admiring the pics yesterday and the inlay work is nothing short of spectacular! Keep us posted with sound files. Enjoy your new baby!! :drool:

I love it, congratulations!
I especially like the little details and how Chuck finds new creative ways of doing things - the fret markers being bubbles - even the fact that the two eyes and the two bubbles land on the twelfth fret.
Really cool!

Congratulations on all the great things happening in your life! Chuck's ukuleles are magnificent, and among the great things about them is that they not only come from Chuck's heart, they also come with the friendship of Chuck and his wife, Bonnie. The inlay on yours is jawdropping in photos, and I know that Chuck's inlays are even more spectacular in person, so I can only imagine how hard it is for you not to look at your new Moore Bettah all the time. Welcome to the Moore Bettah family (I have a NSB tenor that I absolutely love)!

P.S. If you haven't already, you should buy a copy of Staci's Moore Bettah book.

I love it, congratulations!
I especially like the little details and how Chuck finds new creative ways of doing things - the fret markers being bubbles - even the fact that the two eyes and the two bubbles land on the twelfth fret.
Really cool!

From what I understand the eyes are natural inclusions (knots) in the wood. Very cool!

Lovely! Congratulations both life changing events. Haha!

Beautiful. The octopus is delightful. Welcome to the family.

Wow, Natalie.....
Congrats. That is one gorgeous uke. :drool:
They are right when they say Chuck is special. He must be the most sought after luthier in the world.
Even though I am in the honeymoon stage with my Cocobolo Ukulele right now, you still made me lick my lips and drool on my chin a little.
I'm kinda still in the honeymoon stage with my gal Tammy, and I think I always will be, we jam together every evening that I'm off work. I hope your new guy is a uke picker too, there's nothing like it.
Enjoy it to the hilt, play the living h--- out of it! I hope you give us a review after you've had it awhile, that would be a good read.
(Pssst, maybe you could throw us a pic of your guy too)

Aloha Nat, Welcome to the Moore Bettah Ohana.. (MBO) :)
Congratulations Nat on your stunning MB and engagement. .and your wonderful Scotland vacay with your mom
You must be on cloud niine now, happy strummings.. :)

Last edited:
Congratulations Natalie, your MB is stunning! Congrats on the engagement as well.

Mitch

Thank you everyone for the sweet comments! To mmstan, wickedwahine11, and sukie: thank you for your input on helping me decide what to get in my MBU. This experience has been very special for me, because it reinforced how amazing and unique the ukulele community is. I am so lucky to know you all. :)

As usual, Chuck's work is stunning. Congrats on such a beautiful instrument!

What a beautiful uke.
Although the artwork is jaw dropping, the green trim adds something special, I like it.
I like it a lot!

Please post a sound sample soon.
Congrats,
Johnson

Congratulations on both the ukulele, and getting engaged! Lots to celebrate!

Natalie, congratulations on both, your engagement and acquiring one of best built instruments of it kind. I am sure that the Uke has met, if not exceeded, your expectations. Love the green purfling, it counterpoints and draws all the elements together at the same time. Chuck is truly both an artist and a master craftsman and you are one lucky and deserving devil!!!

Last edited:
Wow. What a fabulous stunning Ukulele.

Congrats on the new Uke and your engagement.

Congratulations, I guess it goes without saying, "another happy MB owner". I don't think there is any such thing as an unhappy MB owner! :)

Natalie, congratulations on both, your engagement and acquiring one of best built instruments of it kind. I am sure that the Uke has met, if not exceeded, your expectations!

And here's a toast to hoping your future husband does the same. :cheers:

Thank you everyone for the sweet comments! To mmstan, wickedwahine11, and sukie: thank you for your input on helping me decide what to get in my MBU. This experience has been very special for me, because it reinforced how amazing and unique the ukulele community is. I am so lucky to know you all. :)
Working with Chuck is such a wonderful experience. I'm glad you got to have it. Chuck makes dreams-come-true ukuleles.

An AMAZING MB! Congratulations on your beautiful ukulele and your engagement!

Top Bottom