Interest Check -- Ukulele group in Northern Maryland

jddennis

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I thought it'd be cool to meet up with some people to play. Maybe on a once-a-month basis. I'm located in Northern Maryland, Harford County area, and was wondering if there was anyone else in this region.

Thanks, but Gaithersburg is over an hour away and on the far side of Baltimore from me. I live right by where the Chesapeake Bay and the Susquehanna River meet. I was hoping to meet some people more local.

After getting out and meeting a LOT of ukulele players at the aloha festival this past weekend, I became quickly aware of an untapped niche of people who aren't forum members. There's all sorts of groups that meet, that aren't listed on meetup groups or things like that (and here I thought I was a google whiz). They told me to google for state + ukulele, as well as city, region, etc. I made a lot of contacts at this event which opened up a lot of doors. Anyway, I hope this helps!

I appreciate that, Peace Train. Unfortunately, that has been my M.O. now for several months of searching, and no luck. So I thought I'd put out the word here and see if it turned up any results. I'm going to reach out to my town's department of Parks and Rec to see what kind of stipulations they have for using their facilities. If it's feasible, I'm planning to hit up the coffee houses and libraries with flyers to see if I can get any public interest.

Thanks, but Gaithersburg is over an hour away and on the far side of Baltimore from me. I live right by where the Chesapeake Bay and the Susquehanna River meet. I was hoping to meet some people more local.

Hope you give the Maryland Uke Jam a try. I'm a regular. You might meet "locals" from your area -- some attendees come from West Virginia, Delaware, and southern Maryland (Calvert County). The group has a facebook page.

Hey everyone, I've started going to the Maryland ukulele club. I've also been working with my local library to get a club off the ground, too. We're going to meet on the first Saturday of the month, starting Sept. 3. If anyone is local, please feel free to come over!

UKE_CLUB.jpg

How far are you from Aberdeen? or Elkton? I live in Delaware, like 5 minutes from the Delaware/ Elkton line on rt 40

I'm right in Aberdeen. We meet on the First Saturday of every month at the Aberdeen library. There's also a second group that meets in Havre de Grace library on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. In fact, I just got home from the January session.

Top Bottom