I can't tell if all of the new weeks are taken yet or not, but if you have one available, you can put me down for any of the new weeks you just opened up Brian!

pa, may I have 322 15th - 22nd April?

Certainly.

I can't tell if all of the new weeks are taken yet or not, but if you have one available, you can put me down for any of the new weeks you just opened up Brian!

I put you down for the first available one which is 323 22nd - 29th April.
Let me know if that doesn't suit. Have a look in post #1 and the seasons without red names are the ones available.

Certainly.

I put you down for the first available one which is 323 22nd - 29th April.
Let me know if that doesn't suit. Have a look in post #1 and the seasons without red names are the ones available.

Perfect, thanks Brian!

Here are the hosts for upcoming Seasons of the Ukulele. If you're excited to host, but haven't had a chance to sign up yet, Seasons needing hosts are listed below with no name in red..

Guidelines and tips are below the list of upcoming hosts. Past themes/challenges are in posts #2 and #4 below.

If you would like to be on the reserve list (that is, if you'd be willing and able to host on short notice if someone is unable to host or if I'm unable to contact a host for an upcoming week), please let me know and I'll add your name to the reserve list.

Reserve Hosts -
Harry122 Janet frisbee fred Tootler pabrizzer

If you have not hosted before check out this video by Linda Louden on most things you will need to be able to do - Creating Playlists and Posting Your Season on Ukulele Underground Tutorial

pabrizzer, Seasons Volunteer Coordinator.

308. 7th Jan - 14th Jan .... UkingViking

309. 14th Jan - 21st Jan .... One Man And His Uke

310. 21st Jan - 28th Jan .... hendulele

311. 28th Jan - 4th Feb .... uke4ia

312. 4th Feb - 11th Feb .... Car Singer

313. 11th Feb - 18th Feb .... frisbee fred

314. 18th Feb - 25th Feb .... Harry122

315. 25th Feb - 4th March .... pabrizzer

316. 4th March - 11th March ....kolibri

317. 11th March - 18th March .... UkuleleLibrarian

318. 18th March - 25th March .... Tootler

319. 25th March - 1st April .... ohmless

320 1st April - 8th April .... Ginas uke

321 8th - 15th April .... turtledrum

322 15th - 22nd April .... Recovering Bassist

323 22nd - 29th April .... Mezcalero

324 29th April - 6th May ....

325 6th - 13th May .... Desert Pavement

326 13th - 20th May ....

327 20th - 27th May ....

328 27th May - 3rd June ....

329 3rd - 10th June ....

330 10th - 17th June ....

Basic Guidelines

If you'd like to host a Season, choose a week during which you'll have the time and energy to be a good host.
Mark your Season week on your personal calendar so you can prepare as the week nears.
Sign up for only two weeks per year unless unclaimed weeks remain unclaimed, then go ahead and volunteer for another.
If things change and you're unable host, please contact me (a private message is best) ASAP so a substitute can be found.
The only week with a theme in advance is the last full Season before Christmas. (The Holiday Songs week was like a holiday party, with many warm greetings and cheer, so we'll be continuing the tradition.)

Good ideas for hosts
During your Season, we're in "your house", so you can set things up your way, but there are a few expectations:

Hosts must have posted at least one video for a Seasons challenge---more is much better---the more you've participated, the better you'll be at hosting a great Season.
Please comment in your Season thread on the entries or post a response video giving feedback to all the participants. Or, even better, do both.

Important details

Each Season should begin no sooner than late Saturday evening mainland USA time (try to be sure it's after whatever you [/SIZE]consider dinner time). At that time, the host posts the theme, the rules, and the prizes for the week. The host should emphasize that no videos should be posted before 12:00 AM Sunday Hawaii time.
Each Season ends eight days later on Sunday at 11:59:59 PM Hawaii time (a quirky tradition begun by chrimess which reminds us each week of the origin of all this ukulele music). So consecutive Seasons overlap on Sunday, with one Season closing and one Season opening. (Seasonistas who live outside mainland USA/Canada time zones have the same length of time to participate, but their start and end times are calculated in their own time zones.)

Hosts

Choose theme and set parameters. (Bonus songs allowed? Multi-tracking? etc.)
Post theme Saturday night (USA mainland time); don't allow videos posted until Sunday.
Season ends at 11:59:59 PM Hawaii time the next Sunday.
Select winners (using a method of your choice) and announce them soon after then end of your Season.
Offer prizes for the winners. Prizes need not be expensive. (Certificates are fine; joke prizes are fine; but ukuleles are the best prizes )
It's great if the host posts a video during the week, whether it's an intro video, a response video, a performance, or one (or more) of each.

Participants

The more the merrier---encourage new people to join us.
Follow the host's specifications for that week. (Read the host's challenge thread carefully and/or watch the challenge video.)
Comment on others' videos, and not just your top favorites! Everyone likes encouragement. Your comment might help someone enormously. Each comment contributes the positive vibe of the Seasons, and strengthens the aloha spirit of the challenges. (In the past, some people posted lists of the entries, with comments for each one. Now, more participants comment on YouTube. Participants like to be noticed, and posting in the thread---without duplicating the video or lots of text---is welcome.)

A quote from former Seasons volunteer coordinator and ukulele hero, ukuloonie:
I think that we have a good group here who participate each week. I was thinking if you don’t see somebody for a while on the Seasons, it might make somebody’s day if they were just contacted to see how they were doing, not to find out why that they are not participating, just to say hello, thinking of you and hope all is well.

Hi Brian! Would it be possible for me to do 3rd to 10th June?

Not sure what I'm going to get up to this year, other than trying to improve my sight reading, but I'll take one of the left overs to help fill the list. ;)
(Not fussed which,I'm OK with any of them.)

Top Bottom