"Thursday and Friday" Original song for Good Friday

engravertom

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
hello everyone,

This is an original I have been working for a little while. I was going to set the words to the Fernando Sor "Eude in B Minor", but then just came up with an original melody of my own.

The lyrics are based on Jesus prayer and experience in Gethsemane, and then from the cross the next day.

O my Father hear my plea,
will you take this cup from me?
Not my will but yours be done,
I submit to you as your son.

All my friends have turned to flee
when they saw my enemies.
Please forgive them as they run
they don't really know what they've done.

Now I hang up here to die.
Mocking crowds just pass me by.
God my God this agony,
Why have you forsaken me.

Cool song! And a good song for Good Friday :)

That's a Baritone, right? That's a cool chord progression too. Is that based on the etude in Bmin?

Thanks! The idea was inspired by the Etude. I don't think the chord progression follows it, unless by accident. Yes, a Kala Baritone. Thanks for the listen!

Best song on here. When it comes down to it this is what our hearts need to hear and sing.

I clasped my hands in prayer as I listened....and was blessed as I saw the cross in my mind's eye. I can imagine this recorded with better equipment and solos in the background and maybe a bridge.

Thank you so much for the listen and your kind words. This encouragement comes at a really good time. :)

I am beginning to work on better recordings of the songs I have written. Many have not been recorded at all yet. I have better equipment and some more clues about how to do it.

Thanks for the input on ideas to fill out the song too!

Tom

PS Love the scripture reference! As an engraver sharp tools are very important to me. I heard a good sermon on this text years ago.

Top Bottom